DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Epson Mount for all DJI controllers

kaz911

Reactions
Just got notified by Epson that they launched a new BT-300 mount compatible with all DJI drones

Moverio BT-300 Controller Mount - Epson

I ordered one :) to replace my 3D printed version. UK price - GBP 21.99,- free shipping. So ? $29.99?

17_propoholder_08.png.png

(while i'm contemplating what to do about my BT-300 that suddenly wont charge after running low on battery.... :( )

Just got notified by Epson that they launched a new BT-300 mount compatible with all DJI drones

Moverio BT-300 Controller Mount - Epson

I ordered one :) to replace my 3D printed version. UK price - GBP 21.99,- free shipping. So ? $29.99?

17_propoholder_08.png.png

(while i'm contemplating what to do about my BT-300 that suddenly wont charge after running low on battery.... :( )

Great mount, but unfortunately it only available in the UK

ok - mount got delivered today - here are some "unboxing" pictures. In general it is good - the "sidemounts" are hollow but unfortunately not enough space so you can leave the USB connector there (like leave the iDevice connector in place) so to use it you have to remove any side mounted connector.

But it makes the controller a lot more "portable" compared to usage with the other mounts I have seen.

Future versions : I would love one where I could push the BT-300 controller up and angled slightly making touch panel more finger friendly. But it would of course be bigger and heavier.

IMG_5992 (Medium).jpg IMG_5993 (Medium).jpg IMG_5994 (Medium).jpg IMG_5995 (2) (Medium).jpg IMG_5996 (Medium).jpg IMG_5998 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5997 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5997 (Medium).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 31
Future versions : I would love one where I could push the BT-300 controller up and angled slightly making touch panel more finger friendly. But it would of course be bigger and heavier.

20171005_073554.jpg 20171005_073644.jpg
Like this?

Not really it needs to move forward up to where the sport button is

yes - that was my point. You need to be able to use the trackpad with hands on controls. So thumbs have to reach all over touchpad without issues. It does not matter if it covers the display slightly either as one is focused on the Bird and the overlay images.

I'm going to do away with the controller and touch pad and go with "hand control"

hand control resize.jpg

Yes that would be awesome! I understand that a company Thalmic labs has developed MYO and has partnered with several smart glass manufacturers including Epson to develop such hand controlled interfaces using an armband that detects muscle movements
Myo Gesture Control Armband

Question for EpsomMovario:

When and how will we be able to buy the new universal mount in the US?

When will the new apps you've mentioned be released?

Hello Keith,

Unfortunately, I do not have any specific dates I can share on either the apps or US availability on the universal mounting bracket. We expect the apps to release this quarter.

Epson Movario:

Thanks for the quick reply. Both the universal mount and the New apps will be very welcome additions and I'm sure will help sales. Looking forward to the apps being released in the first quarter.

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Hello Keith,

Unfortunately, I do not have any specific dates I can share on either the apps or US availability on the universal mounting bracket. We expect the apps to release this quarter.

This mount is nice but only available in UK and Japan that a huge negative. I don’t see any difficultly to launch such small piece of plastic worldwide. Also Epson product planning is not well planned, this mount should be launched in a last March not until now. I guess Epson need to do a serious review of how to well plan their product.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000