DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware, constant video feed signal loss. Anybody else?

Kantoosion

Reactions
Flew out at a distance of 120m and about 30m high, air was in my direct line of sight and lost connection/video feed. RTH activated a few seconds later. Anybody else having issue with new firmware. I changed cable to usb to lightening and still same issue.

Flew out at a distance of 120m and about 30m high, air was in my direct line of sight and lost connection/video feed. RTH activated a few seconds later. Anybody else having issue with new firmware. I changed cable to usb to lightening and still same issue.
I was a little higher today and had some connection issues. They corrected before RTH, but the display was really lagging.

I flew my furthest today at 5600 feet. Working fine for me. Look at manually choosing your WiFi channel instead of using auto mode. I do that before each flight now and it’s been a big improvement.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Highly recommend using 5.8Ghz if you are in a 2.4Ghz cluttered area.
I took mine out today for first flight. I upgraded from the Spark, so I’m not totally new to this. I kept getting week transmission warnings at shorter distances than the spark. Then I noticed the WiFi was at 2.4Ghz. The Spark always was defaulted at 5.8Ghz. The only way I found to switch to 5.8Ghz on the Air is to change WiFi to manual, tap on one of the 100s channels, then switch back to auto. After that, it was great.

If your in on of the fcc areas like the US shouldn’ It default to the 5.8Ghz? Is the a way to make this the default? If “auto” is supposed to be best, why doesn’t it switch automatically to the 5.8Ghz when it has issues or does it just look at a particular channel?

My video signal regularly fails at anywhere around 30 plus meters. I’m using the iPhone 8 Plus with the Mavic Pro Platinum (all updated) so where is it going wrong? Should I be changing something?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S