Join Us Now

New firmware Firmware: v01.00.0500 the good and the bad

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I am really enjoy the new features from the new firmware but there is still room for improvement and fix. What is your opinion?

The Good
  • Zoom camera is much sharper and now usable up to 28X specially in pictures
  • The main camera has a nice 2X zoom out of explorer mode
  • The main camera in explorer mode up to 4X has a fantastic usable zoom now
  • Now we have quick shots modes
  • I feel the tracking is more precise now and less nervous
  • The transmission is improved absolutely
  • The drone sounds more quiet now
  • Faster satellite acquisition
  • More satellites connected up to 24 today in my test
The bad
  • There is a horrible delay (lag) when you move the stick and when the drone moves at least with the DJI RC Pro controller (before was not like that) Someone can crash easy flying FPV style in sport mode
  • You can not take pictures every 2 seconds when you are in POI cycling. This was very usable for 3D images. The Air 2S can do this
  • There are not waypoints yet
  • You cant use more than 400-800 ISO in DLOG
  • Sometimes when you switch from aircraft is not detecting the drone and I had to reboot multiples times. Is buggy.

Good early notes! Thank you.

I noted today with the zoom camera that the fuzziness is now gone on the zoom and you can in fact real license plates with it. (@250 feet AGL and about 1/4 mile standoff distance.). Very impressed now with the zoom, and was NOT before.

• There is a horrible delay (lag) when you move the stick and when the drone moves at least with the DJI RC Pro controller (before was not like that) Someone can crash easy flying FPV style in sport mode
this is pretty bad. i just updated today but havent flown. Hopefully your issue is resolved with a reboot and its not a pervasive problem!

My Air 2S does not have the delay with the same RC Pro controller.

Is weird.

• Wow
Reactions: TonyPHX
My Air 2S does not have the delay with the same RC Pro controller.

Is weird.
Yes, that would concern me and I would not be happy until resolved. I flew the M3 post update today and had no lag, but much better controllability. Did it with both the standard controller and tablet, as well as a flight with the RC Pro. No lag.

Yes, that would concern me and I would not be happy until resolved. I flew the M3 post update today and had no lag, but much better controllability. Did it with both the standard controller and tablet, as well as a flight with the RC Pro. No lag.
I will try rebinding or reloading the firmware.

Reactions: TonyPHX
The satellite acquisition is still terribly slow after the latest firmware update. Take at least 1-2 minutes to acquire enough satellite to record a home point.

Reactions: BlairAir
Good early notes! Thank you.

I noted today with the zoom camera that the fuzziness is now gone on the zoom and you can in fact real license plates with it. (@250 feet AGL and about 1/4 mile standoff distance.). Very impressed now with the zoom, and was NOT before.
Thats good to hear. I was in the Bay Area over the weekend (before the update came out), taking pictures of the SFO skyline with the Zoom. Was going to do a whole write up after I process them in Topaz Sharpen, but that seems moot now.

I am really enjoy the new features from the new firmware but there is still room for improvement and fix. What is your opinion?

The Good
  • Zoom camera is much sharper and now usable up to 28X specially in pictures
  • The main camera has a nice 2X zoom out of explorer mode
  • The main camera in explorer mode up to 4X has a fantastic usable zoom now
  • Now we have quick shots modes
  • I feel the tracking is more precise now and less nervous
  • The transmission is improved absolutely
  • The drone sounds more quiet now
  • Faster satellite acquisition
  • More satellites connected up to 24 today in my test
The bad
  • You can not take pictures every 2 seconds when you are in POI cycling. This was very usable for 3D images. The Air 2S can do this
  • There are not waypoints yet
  • You cant use more than 400-800 ISO in DLOG
  • Sometimes when you switch from aircraft is not detecting the drone and I had to reboot multiples times. Is buggy.
All these reasons you talk about is why I did not get the Mavic three specially since they use the flyer app instead of the DJI GO 4 app not worth the headache especially the money they’re charging you guys my Mavic two pro and my fan on for pro even my Mavic pro oneStill is much more solid than all that

All these reasons you talk about is why I did not get the Mavic three specially since they use the flyer app instead of the DJI GO 4 app not worth the headache especially the money they’re charging you guys my Mavic two pro and my fan on for pro even my Mavic pro oneStill is much more solid than all that
Sorry about the bad spelling meant to say phantom 4 pro

The satellite acquisition is still terribly slow after the latest firmware update. Take at least 1-2 minutes to acquire enough satellite to record a home point.
Hopefully you are reporting that to them like us as well. The more complaints they hear the better.

I was able to download and install the aircraft firmware without issue, but was not able to install the new Android APK. Downloaded okay but kept failing to install. Don't know why. Tried three times.

None of those great new features showed up, so it must be a lot of software controls that I didn't get.

Trying to install on a TCL TAB5G Android tablet running Android v11.

How are you switching between the RC controller and reg with the M3 - mine forced me to unbind when I set up the new RC controller? Thanks

More BAD. Really really bad in my opinion. Sorry about some duplication here on threads. I just wanted to get the word out. I promised support I would pass along my discovery when I figured this out. I did NOT expect what I discovered.

Houston, we have a problem. DJI Support could not help me enable and use Quick Transfer on the RC Pro. They kept asking me to do stuff, like "Forget the drone wifi AP/SSID" in Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE. Run "Reset Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE, and so on. This is not the first time I have had to patiently explain to support that RC Pro does not use a phone. Theres not one single rep I have spoken to in first level that really knows what the RC Pro is. So now that we get this great, massive FW Update, V01.00.0500, RC Pro FW v03.01.0500 and 2 updates of DJI Fly 1.5.8 (there was a second, higher build number released today) - and we get SDCard as primary storage, the next thing is to get better than 5 MB/s Download SPEED. Its way too slow.

Guess what? RC Pro Owners: There will be NO Quick Transfer for you. DJI posted another update to the User Manual V1.4:

Go to Page 31 and you get THIS lovely surprise:
Quick Trans.JPG
Really? REALLY DJI? I am flipping furious. This is not a statement that's in any way ambiguous. Its end game and out. You mean MINI 2 Users can transfer at 80 MB/s and my $4400 USD Mavic 3 rig CANNOT do so, and won't do so? They better try and find a way or I'll be asking for a full refund for all of it. I will not keep any of this if this is where we are with the "Pro" controller that I had to buy separately outside of a Fly More. With a willingness to wait for features, knowing that DJI in general delivers on performance claims.

NOT happy. I have reached out to DJI support and copied SALES as well. Marketing needs to take any reference to IPV6 8 MB/s Transfer claim DOWN or put a huge asterisk saying "Except if you buy the hugely marked up Smart Controller Refresh.

Grrrrr.

I was able to download and install the aircraft firmware without issue, but was not able to install the new Android APK. Downloaded okay but kept failing to install. Don't know why. Tried three times.

None of those great new features showed up, so it must be a lot of software controls that I didn't get.

Trying to install on a TCL TAB5G Android tablet running Android v11.
Maybe a problem with "Allow unknown sources" in Android?

this is pretty bad. i just updated today but havent flown. Hopefully your issue is resolved with a reboot and its not a pervasive problem!
Was going to update today and take advantage of the new features but doubting I will.. I fly close to objects abs precision and quick response times are needed..

How are you switching between the RC controller and reg with the M3 - mine forced me to unbind when I set up the new RC controller? Thanks
Yes, I had to unbind. And I am parking the RC controller, just going to stick with the tablet. The RC Pro is too limiting for apps etc. Love my tablet.

I would love to fly with my iPad Mini, as I have done with my Phantoms for over six years. But I can not get used to the toy controller and its missing capabilities.

Capabilities similar to the Phantom controller make the small screen of the RC Pro tolerable. But nothing compensates for the missing functionality in the Fly (cr)app compared to the GO4 app.

Yes, I had to unbind. And I am parking the RC controller, just going to stick with the tablet. The RC Pro is too limiting for apps etc. Love my tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S