DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware RC V01.00.0600

Th3DroneroGT

Reactions
Just today came out a new firmware for the RC of the Mavic Mini, but I have doubts, someone already updated their RC? I'm afraid to update and come with failures and easily lose the signal, as this update I have no confidence that it is an improvement if not worsening.

Reactions: NedKelly and Slade
Just today came out a new firmware for the RC of the Mavic Mini, but I have doubts, someone already updated their RC? I'm afraid to update and come with failures and easily lose the signal, as this update I have no confidence that it is an improvement if not worsening.

No issues today during a 22min flight. Needs more flight time to assess the update

I've also tried it out. One 20min flight without any abnormalities. It'snot clear if there are any noticable changes. Quite likely just resolving some minor bugs.

I did notice the drone seemed to fly slower in P mode when the gimbal was pointed straight down (-90deg) and thought it may be to mitigate against the "gimbal jump" issue the mini1 and 2 have in this scenario. I played a bit more with it to see if that was indeed the case but I could still quite easily invoke a gimbal jump in P mode. I'd need to do some more tests in different conditions to come to any conclusion on it.

Reactions: Th3DroneroGT
So I am new and a little foggy about how updates work. I did the update to the DJI Fly app on my phone, But it did not do anything to the drone and I don't know how to check the controller. I also tried to use the assistant 2 program to no avail. And I heard I am supposed to update the batteries as well? Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
So I am new and a little foggy about how updates work. I did the update to the DJI Fly app on my phone, But it did not do anything to the drone and I don't know how to check the controller. I also tried to use the assistant 2 program to no avail. And I heard I am supposed to update the batteries as well? Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Select 'Profile' on the start-up screen in Fly app, then 'Settings', then click on 'Check for Firmware Updates.' You can also go to the 'About' tab in Fly App Camera view when connected to the Mini and select 'Check for Updates' in the Aircraft and Radio Control Firmware fields.

I've logged about an hour on the Mini in Fly App and Litchi Beta since RC V01.00.0600 update and all went well, cannot tell any difference.

Reactions: raulmavic
Thanks a lot for your test !

By the way, there is a well-known workarround for applying boost mod using only an USB cable. Search youtube for 'DJI Mavic Mini CE boost via browser'

R.

Reactions: scro

By the way, there is a well-known workarround for applying boost mod using only an USB cable. Search youtube for 'DJI Mavic Mini CE boost via browser'

R.
I'll see if I have any joy trying that on firmware 0600 too... I'll report back with the findings ?

Reactions: raulmavic

R.
Thanks for the heads-up raulmavic! I have done the USB 'boost via browser' you suggested AFTER updating RC firmware to V01.00.0600, it works and is still working, getting FCC mode in both DJI Fly and Litchi Beta apps. And yes, it does make a noticeable difference in range on my CE Mini controller :)

Reactions: raulmavic and scro
Just connected my controller to DJI Assist and I'm not getting the option to roll back to firmware 0500 now that I'm on 0600.

Am yet to try the usb method, as I won't be able to do any tests for the next few days. However, it looks like @Derek ZA has got it to work on firmware 0600.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mynah and raulmavic
Yesterday I updated firmware to RC V01.00.0600. After update, Telnet comunication between computer and Mavic remote control works ok. Verified wifi.conf file is preserving boost.

I hope flying today for testing

R.

Reactions: scro
After I updated the firmware V01.00.0600 in RC of Mavic Mnin, The RC won’t connect to the AC anymore, I already tried refreshing the firmware in DJI assistant 2 for mavic and it does nothing, I already tried to talk to the DJI techincal support, they said they cannot give me the exact solution to the problem, I did follow all the suggestions from the DJI forum but it did nothing, the RC is stil showing “Linking Failed” but somehow I can move the gimbal from the RC. But still the RC wont connect to the AC.
Can someone help me here coz i am so frustrated fixing this problem???
I've also tried it out. One 20min flight without any abnormalities. It'snot clear if there are any noticable changes. Quite likely just resolving some minor bugs.

I did notice the drone seemed to fly slower in P mode when the gimbal was pointed straight down (-90deg) and thought it may be to mitigate against the "gimbal jump" issue the mini1 and 2 have in this scenario. I played a bit more with it to see if that was indeed the case but I could still quite easily invoke a gimbal jump in P mode. I'd need to do some more tests in different conditions to come to any conclusion on it.

Attachments

• 2096DBFE-5F6C-4DBF-A5F6-D87068A56DAA.png
    2096DBFE-5F6C-4DBF-A5F6-D87068A56DAA.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 50A473EC-2A67-40FD-8404-32393F269301.png
    50A473EC-2A67-40FD-8404-32393F269301.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 25

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members