DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware this morning?

dinglehead

Reactions
So after powering up the Mavic this morning, it required a new firmware update.

I wasn't able to find any release notes or anything on this.... where can I find that info? Is it somewhere in the app or on the DJI website?

Mavic Pro Release Notes
Mavic - Wherever you go
Copyright © 2016 DJI All Rights Reserved. 1
Date : 2016.10.21
Firmware : v01.02.0800
DJI GO App iOS : v3.0.1
DJI GO App Android : v3.0.0
What’s New?
 Optimized the Return-to-Home and Landing (refer to the user manual for details).
 Reduced descent issue caused from flying indoors to outdoors.
 Minimized an overheating issue resulting from not removing the gimbal clamp after powering on the aircraft.
 Improved the stability of the aircraft when switching between Portrait and Landscape.
 Optimized the ActiveTrack experience, keeping moving subjects in center frame more effectively and
smoothing footage.
 Optimized control parameters to improve the flight experience.
 Fixed occasional issue of GPS signal loss.
Notes:
 Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
 If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO, and retry.

Oh so that is very new then .....

The notes have not been published yet.

Will be nice to see what else has been updated.

Not seeing an update here. Wonder if its some sort of beta firmware.

Thats weird right? Why did I get an update to 1.02.0810 this morning and no one else did?

There are people on the dji forum thar are also on the .0810 FW...

I got the new firmware also first thing this morning. I was unable to click the "release notes" link either.

I got the copter a few days ago and it updated to 1.02.0810 when I was setting it up back then. I'm in Malaysia.

Mine is running 01.02.0810 in the UK. How many batteries do you have? Because if you have not updated the battery firmware it does prompt to do so when powering on, depending on whether you have android or iOS the message is slightly different but generally they say an update is required and possibly say inconsistent firmware.

Android then gives you a few warnings such as ESC warning but allows you to enter camera mode whereas iOS seems to sit there not allowing you to access camera mode and the release notes link on the screen does not work.

How on earth do you update the batteries ??

By updating the Mavic with the battery plugged in... I suppose.
It's smart batteries, not a simple one.
Read the manual, dji told about it.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

The battery that's in the Mavic will be upgraded along with the Mavic firmware. For additional batteries, DJI GO will display a prompt to update the battery after connecting the Mavic to DJI GO.

The battery that's in the Mavic will be upgraded along with the Mavic firmware. For additional batteries, DJI GO will display a prompt to update the battery after connecting the Mavic to DJI GO.

Thanks for clarifying this as i had already been through the user manual and didnt see the part about the extra batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S