DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware To Allow Quickshots and Panos On Mavic 3?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So we are all looking for lots of things in our Mavic 3... the fact I still cant take a pano is pissing me off again today (should of flown my air2 for one instead of my 3).

I have been watching some of the sites/forums etc. and I know they gave us a half token firmware update in Dec... But anyone have any speculation of when the firmware is going come out this month that fixes a lot of the remaining issues and enables the basic features their more basic drones had at launch?

Just seeing if anyone has heard anything of a target date... God knows Chinese new year starts up Feb 1st... and we wont be getting crap for a month after that...

Got an Amazon return date coming up Jan 31st...

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Same answer as always. It will come when it's ready. Don't misunderstand, I am out of patience too. But I'd rather have a stable update than a quick one. Here's hoping it is soon!

Same answer as always. It will come when it's ready. Don't misunderstand, I am out of patience too. But I'd rather have a stable update than a quick one. Here's hoping it is soon!
I agree with you, but when you release a product that says feature coming soon... you should be providing a date... lol

I agree with you, but when you release a product that says feature coming soon... you should be providing a date... lol
Man I feel your Pain. I have been addicted to the Panos shots for a few years now and with all the wind we have the M3 as the go to choice but without the PANOS its useless. My Return Date is coming up also. UGH

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain

Ah soo! You no woowie. We fix soon. Mean time we spend you money and make new half baked drone. We tell you better. You buy. Way it work!

Ah soo! You no woowie. We fix soon. Mean time we spend you money and make new half baked drone. We tell you better. You buy. Way it work!
lol, trying to imagine a Chinese Ogre saying all this from your pic lol. One of the things that is making me perk my ears up is that there is a m3 version coming out with a RC that's not the cine model.... and seems some DJI competition is ramping things up as well... With a return window closing and having flown the Mavic 3 ALOT I may just return and sit a month or two to see what the new wind brings now... IF they had included pano's in this I would not even be having these thoughts now.. So backfire on them cause I know amazon isnt gona take the return hit.

lol, trying to imagine a Chinese Ogre saying all this from your pic lol. One of the things that is making me perk my ears up is that there is a m3 version coming out with a RC that's not the cine model.... and seems some DJI competition is ramping things up as well... With a return window closing and having flown the Mavic 3 ALOT I may just return and sit a month or two to see what the new wind brings now... IF they had included pano's in this I would not even be having these thoughts now.. So backfire on them cause I know amazon isnt gona take the return hit.
I did reviews on vaping products for a few years. The Chinese would send me the products for free in return for a video review. They were a hoot to work with. I'd get an inquiry message like; "we see what you do and like. You work with us?" After a few years they all dropped me because I actually tested the products and none of them lived up to the marketing literature. "Ah, you no say good things about our product" I respond; "Ah, no no make good product".

Man I feel your Pain. I have been addicted to the Panos shots for a few years now and with all the wind we have the M3 as the go to choice but without the PANOS its useless. My Return Date is coming up also. UGH

Phantomrain.org
Oh, me too on the Panos. Literally every flight I take with the Mavic 3 comes with a sigh, and a "how much longer must I go on suffering!" - lol 1st world problems. still - I want my panoramas!!! I would have given up Mastershots for them, but DJI never asked my preference.

So we are all looking for lots of things in our Mavic 3... the fact I still cant take a pano is pissing me off again today (should of flown my air2 for one instead of my 3).

I have been watching some of the sites/forums etc. and I know they gave us a half token firmware update in Dec... But anyone have any speculation of when the firmware is going come out this month that fixes a lot of the remaining issues and enables the basic features their more basic drones had at launch?

Just seeing if anyone has heard anything of a target date... God knows Chinese new year starts up Feb 1st... and we wont be getting crap for a month after that...

Got an Amazon return date coming up Jan 31st...
Hi Venom- until the pano update comes, why not just do the manual panos? Put the grid on 1/3rds, take three or more images with 30% overlap, and process in Photoshop or Lightroom. Of course, make the images RAW. In Photoshop or Lightroom, open all three images in RAW, select all, right click and click merge to pano. Once the images merge you can open the image and edit it.

Dale

Oh, me too on the Panos. Literally every flight I take with the Mavic 3 comes with a sigh, and a "how much longer must I go on suffering!" - lol 1st world problems. still - I want my panoramas!!! I would have given up Mastershots for them, but DJI never asked my preference.
honestly. If you're using LR you can easily stitch your own shots together for a Pano. I know it's not what's been promised but it's not a difficult workaround. The Satellite acquisition issue is a bigger show stopper IMO.

Reactions: Wade L.
honestly. If you're using LR you can easily stitch your own shots together for a Pano. I know it's not what's been promised but it's not a difficult workaround. The Satellite acquisition issue is a bigger show stopper IMO.
Agree , if that is not fixed on the update , it may be going back anyway as waiting for the Satelites is painful when the Air 2S can capture the sky quickly.

I will try that Pano with LIghtroom.

Phantomrain.org

Agree , if that is not fixed on the update , it may be going back anyway as waiting for the Satelites is painful when the Air 2S can capture the sky quickly.

Phantomrain.org
Here is a great video on how I do panos using Lightroom or Photoshop.

Phantomrain.org
The aspect of waiting for satellites would bother me more. The obvious being lost flight time waiting but it also begs me to question of overall satellite reception. Loosing GPS mid flight is never any fun and very nerve racking for me. I've had good outcomes when it happens but still, who needs it.

I dont use photoshop or lightroom... Need to get a desktop editing solution.
You can get both photoshop and lightroom for $10/mo. You will always have the latest updates. Very little cloud storage. That's like dropping by McVommet 1.5 times per month. I wasn't a fan of subscription progs for a long time but with the rest of computer tech moving as fast as it does I am now seeing subscription as the less expensive choice as compared to buying the prog. I have the Adobe suite as a subscription and Steinberg's Cubase and wave lab as purchased programs. At the end of a year the difference in cost in negligible when keeping Steinberg up to date.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
You can get both photoshop and lightroom for $10/mo. You will always have the latest updates. Very little cloud storage. That's like dropping by McVommet 1.5 times per month. I wasn't a fan of subscription progs for a long time but with the rest of computer tech moving as fast as it does I am now seeing subscription as the less expensive choice as compared to buying the prog. I have the Adobe suite as a subscription and Steinberg's Cubase and wave lab as purchased programs. At the end of a year the difference in cost in negligible when keeping Steinberg up to date.
I edit video with davinci studio, most of my photo edits I do across a few apps on a phone actually. I keep telling myself that i should get deeper into photo editing but i just havent much since i get the results i like fairly easy across a phone or a tablet.

I edit video with davinci studio, most of my photo edits I do across a few apps on a phone actually. I keep telling myself that i should get deeper into photo editing but i just havent much since i get the results i like fairly easy across a phone or a tablet.
Great choice with Resolve. Fabulous color correction and grading. Every video I shoot goes into Resolve first to see what I can get out of the image.

Here is a great video on how I do panos using Lightroom or Photoshop.
Couple of items in the video that jumped out at me. Yes, when shooting Pano's never, ever use a wide angle lens. The distortion will make it near impossible and even if your computer can stitch it together the warping of the sky will be ridiculous. Nothing under 50mm. Also, never shoot in Jpeg. I saw that instantly when you brought everything into LR and honestly at that point I was done with the video. You lose so much information and especially for sunrise/sunsets this will be critical where the exposure range of the 22 images will be drastic and there's nothing you can do to recover the info from a jpeg.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada