DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware Update for Crystalsky (V02.05.00.00)

Juslex

Reactions
DJI has just released a new firmware version with a new version of DJI GO (4.2.21). I hope the heating error has also disappeared.

Reactions: Advexure
I’m doing it now.

Unit is rebooting. I’ll do a full reset

Looks like it’s got a fix for the fan

Hopefully this will fix Backlight burnouts

I’m doing it now.

Unit is rebooting. I’ll do a full reset

Looks like it’s got a fix for the fan

Hopefully this will fix Backlight burnouts

We can only hope

Reactions: Forestjim
Oh ...... I'll have to take a look ..

Guys, what about offline maps? Do You still see them? Mine are gone totally, no option to download again

Newer versions of DJI GO which this brings changed map provider (again) and offline option is gone with it.

I've tested the Crystalsky Ultra with DJI Go 4.2.4 for 1.5 hours on full brightness and with the latest firmware for the AC, 3 full flights with the MPP and MA, ambient temp 23c and there wasn't a single glitch in the monitor, this was 4k 24fps, with caching back to the CS at 7gb

The hottest the Ultra panel got on max brightness was 41.5c , the side ports got to 38.6c and the back panel near the ports to 40c.

The CS fan never came on at all during the 1.5hrs and the temp was pretty consistent from about 15min from start up to the end. I'm not sure what the normal operating temperatures are for the CS Ultra. The funny thing was the RC fan came on after about 30 mins when in longer flight sessions before it has never come on, weird !!

DJI Go 4 4.2.4 worked flawlessly, there was no latency or pixelation at anytime in RC signal out or HD signal back, mind you I was using a Titan Cyclone 2.4ghz amplified panel.

I think they may have fixed the overheating problem for now, my CS build date it the 15/10/17 for reference, a couple of us who have this build date have CS Ultra's that get hot but have never failed.

Interesting to see how the other CS Ultra owners are fairing with the need firmware and 4.2.4

Last edited:
On my CS5.5 the latest firmware is introducing enormous lag in both GO and GO4 when the focus peaking is enabled.

Yes, I can confirm this as well, even in low setting there is a lag, suggest not using it

DJI has just released a new firmware version with a new version of DJI GO (4.2.21). I hope the heating error has also disappeared.
Finally the overheating problem is gone.
I tested the new update this morning. Running down a full batterie. The temperature outside was around 28º C.
No more message: 'the Crystalsky is too hot...' That is good news for me.

Did not check the focus.

Finally the overheating problem is gone.
I tested the new update this morning. Running down a full batterie. The temperature outside was around 28º C.
No more message: 'the Crystalsky is too hot...' That is good news for me.

Did not check the focus.
Good news Helmut,
It’s sounding very promising
Still a few bugs but we are in a better position than few days ago.

Thank you for all the above feedback, all. Much appreciated. We have been hearing the same positive feedback from the past couple of days regarding this new FW. Hopefully the overheating issues are behind us. Keep sharing your findings and safe flying!

Let me understand this with the V02.05.00.00 update for the CS, the over heating problem is resolved, but we lose the offline maps? Also as of this date there is no solution to recover or reinstall the off line maps?

Reactions: sitka_rn
Let me understand this with the V02.05.00.00 update for the CS, the over heating problem is resolved, but we lose the offline maps? Also as of this date there is no solution to recover or reinstall the off line maps?

Yeah. That seems to be the newest issue. I’m unable to get my offline maps back. I could just tether the unit to my phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato