DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware v01.00.0620 released

dawgpilot

Reactions
The release notes just mention something about fixing linking in Panama.

Also note that you apparently can't roll back to a previous firmware after installing this one. I've held off for now in case there are issues.

Reactions: grendeljaeger
After the last previous update, the return to home button stopped working on my remote. Let's see if this latest firmware one fixed it.

great news.

but I don't even hope they will ever fix the random panorama (not panama) exposure issues some people including me are having. opened a thread on DJI forum about it but with useless generic replies of their moderators ("we will postpone your problem to our engineering team" but no more replies since then) I lost all my hope of solving anything with them. As I heard that even unit replacement will not solve the issue (and this is my second Mavic Air with the same problem) so I guess I'm stuck with it despite it's almost 100% solvable software glitch with badly programmed exposure lock.69080

Reactions: Shon and ABHIII
great news.

but I don't even hope they will ever fix the random panorama (not panama) exposure issues some people including me are having. opened a thread on DJI forum about it but with useless generic replies of their moderators ("we will postpone your problem to our engineering team" but no more replies since then) I lost all my hope of solving anything with them. As I heard that even unit replacement will not solve the issue (and this is my second Mavic Air with the same problem) so I guess I'm stuck with it despite it's almost 100% solvable software glitch with badly programmed exposure lock.View attachment 69080
Were you using an ND or CPL filter when you took this?

hello I have three mavic air batteries I had battery no1 one in my m/a when I put latest firmware [panama 01.00.0620]
my m/a had no problems until I changed to my no2 battery it gave a disconnected warning . on my return home I tried no2 battery again and got a firmware update, it seems odd that battery1/3 were ok but battery no2 needed re-updating every thing seems to be fine for now . I hope this makes sense to some of you out there

hello I have three mavic air batteries I had battery no1 one in my m/a when I put latest firmware [panama 01.00.0620]
my m/a had no problems until I changed to my no2 battery it gave a disconnected warning . on my return home I tried no2 battery again and got a firmware update, it seems odd that battery1/3 were ok but battery no2 needed re-updating every thing seems to be fine for now . I hope this makes sense to some of you out there
Maybe battery #2 was inadvertently skipped when you upgraded to 0560?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Huh? Please don't tell me that I have to do a firmware upgrade three times for my three batteries? I thought the firmware was in the motherboard of the RC or the drone. Didn't know the battery has any circuitry in it.

I haven’t updated my firmware in 2 years, and I’m a happy man for it, it just causes more problems and more restrictions, just ignore the updates and no worries!

Huh? Please don't tell me that I have to do a firmware upgrade three times for my three batteries? I thought the firmware was in the motherboard of the RC or the drone. Didn't know the battery has any circuitry in it.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but each battery has its own circuitry and its own firmware that occasionally needs updated. Those battery firmware updates are independent of RC and AC (drone) firmware updates, though they're often released simultaneously.

The latest AC firmware update (the one in the thread title) was accompanied by a battery firmware update. When you apply the AC firmware update, the firmware in the battery that happens to be powering the drone also gets updated. You then need to shut down the drone, insert another battery, power up the drone again, and update that battery's firmware. Repeat this process for all batteries in your inventory to update their firmware. If you don't update the firmware on all your batteries at the same time, you'll be required to the next time you use each battery.

Larry

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but each battery has its own circuitry and its own firmware that occasionally needs updated. Those battery firmware updates are independent of RC and AC (drone) firmware updates, though they're often released simultaneously.

The latest AC firmware update (the one in the thread title) was accompanied by a battery firmware update. When you apply the AC firmware update, the firmware in the battery that happens to be powering the drone also gets updated. You then need to shut down the drone, insert another battery, power up the drone again, and update that battery's firmware. Repeat this process for all batteries in your inventory to update their firmware. If you don't update the firmware on all your batteries at the same time, you'll be required to the next time you use each battery.

Larry
hi larry I accept what you are saying, but I only did the firmware on battery no 1 ,so may I ask why no3 battery was ok , your input would be greatly received many thanks

OMG! No,No, Nooooo. I've been trying to use all 4 batteries I have (actually 4!) and I have done firmware updates with only battery number 1 in the Mavic Air, yet I rotate and try to use all of the batteries and they all seem to be working fine. Am I ok, or do you think I should insert each battery and do update? Thanks Larry for your guidance.

hi larry I accept what you are saying, but I only did the firmware on battery no 1 ,so may I ask why no3 battery was ok , your input would be greatly received many thanks
If DJI GO 4 didn't notify you that battery #3 needed a firmware update, I would have to assume that the firmware on that particular battery was somehow already up to date. I'm not aware of any other explanation.

Larry

OMG! No,No, Nooooo. I've been trying to use all 4 batteries I have (actually 4!) and I have done firmware updates with only battery number 1 in the Mavic Air, yet I rotate and try to use all of the batteries and they all seem to be working fine. Am I ok, or do you think I should insert each battery and do update? Thanks Larry for your guidance.
I don't think DJI ever revealed exactly what the latest battery firmware update accomplished (if anyone knows, please enlighten us). It may (or may not) have been an attempt to fix a problem a few drone pilots were experiencing where the battery level as communicated to the remote control suddenly and incorrectly dropped to zero, and the drone was instructed by the remote control to make an emergency landing.

If you were a victim of this glitch, you'd know it by now. If you weren't, it's probably perfectly safe to fly with the batteries that haven't received the firmware update. I never suffered the battery-level glitch, but I still chose to do the firmware update on all four of my batteries. The update may not have fixed anything for me, but it didn't break anything, either.

Larry

As a result of this conversation, I have just finished plugging my 4 Mavic Air batteries in, one at a time. I got a firmware message for the first one, but then, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th battery insertion and start up was uneventful with no messsage- only that I was ready to fly with each battery change. Go figure!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji