DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Mavic_Ward

Reactions
Noticed a new firmware this morning with a new feature: Fixed-Wing mode. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds interesting. It's described in the new manual as:

Fixed-Wing Mode
The aircraft will fly forward automatically at a certain speed after entering Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the left
stick up to ascend and down to descend. Push either stick left or right to rotate the aircraft. Pushing the
right stick up will accelerate and pushing down will exit Fixed-Wing Mode.
In the DJI GO 4 app, tap the icon and enable Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the right stick up until the C1
icon appears, then press the C1 button on the remote controller to enter Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the right
stick down or press the C2 button on the remote controller to exit Fixed-Wing Mode.

Noticed a new firmware this morning with a new feature: Fixed-Wing mode. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds interesting. It's described in the new manual as:

Fixed-Wing Mode
The aircraft will fly forward automatically at a certain speed after entering Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the left
stick up to ascend and down to descend. Push either stick left or right to rotate the aircraft. Pushing the
right stick up will accelerate and pushing down will exit Fixed-Wing Mode.
In the DJI GO 4 app, tap the icon and enable Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the right stick up until the C1
icon appears, then press the C1 button on the remote controller to enter Fixed-Wing Mode. Push the right
stick down or press the C2 button on the remote controller to exit Fixed-Wing Mode.
And a new user manual
Mavic Pro Release Notes
Date : 2017.04.11
Firmware : v01.03.0600
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.7
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.6

What’s New?

*Added Fixed-Wing mode. For details about Fixed-Wing mode, please refer to the Intelligent Flight Mode section in user manual v1.6.
*Added an option to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning. When battery level is less than 15%, just press the power button on the remote controller to turn off the warning.
*Optimized Dual Remote Controller Mode. (Requires DJI GO 4 iOS v4.0.5 or later or Android v4.0.5 or later)
*Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home and unlocking function.
*Improved playback performance.
*Improved default colors for DNG files.
*Optimized gimbal auto-calibration.

Notes:

*Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
*If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4, and retry.

Last edited:
Not sure I like idea of this, its going to be confusing with sticks.
I just wish they would fix the modes they have now and perfect them before releasing something else that may fail.

There are so many little issues and a few big ones. Why do they continue to bring stuff we do not need instead of making right what we have?

SomeDJI_0154 puente romano 1.jpg times, and this is my belief, they bring out new firmware, not to improve the existing one, but to correct some big mess in the previous version. Specially in this case when there's less than a week between them..:oops:. One thing is clear, I will update mine ASAP just in case; I flew my MV just an hour ago, to find that there was a lot of interference, new to me on a well known area; so bad I had to abort my mission without delay..
BR,
Spanish Flyer
PS. was trying to take photos of a roman bridge at the proper height, but had to take a couple much higher than planned.

Careful the fence, or trees (or anyplace above ground) is generally not the safest place when new firmware is introduced.

Worst thing is i was just packing the drone up to take it to Thailand tomorrow and when i get there i will not have access to laptop etc straight away. Yet i will need to fly straight away. OH well 2 good things.

One i will be over plenty of open land and water for testing it and Two, I do have a 2nd drone running older version FW in Thailand. (I like to keep one on older FW then i if i have any issues with new firmware i can just switch drones, Also if i lose one which one day i will, i have something to go look for the other one lol).

Ok battery on charge to go to 600 and later i can take both Mavics and do a long range test and see how they compare. i hope they have fixed the autoland stuff in this one.

My Thai Mavic only has two miles on it lol, This one is Russian and has just over 60 miles on it.

It is a big question mark why they released in just a week. Is the .550 failed product.???

Curious to see if this firmware update is better than .550. I just got my mavic this past weekend and I still believe it's still on .400 and still been asking me to update.

Reactions: eltonloh
Curious to see if this firmware update is better than .550. I just got my mavic this past weekend and I still believe it's still on .400 and still been asking me to update.
Yeah I'd stay there. 400 is IMO the best recent firmware before the API was broken, maybe .600 fixes that but as yet it's unknown.

Reactions: AyeYo and MavicNewb
SomeView attachment 10386 times, and this is my belief, they bring out new firmware, not to improve the existing one, but to correct some big mess in the previous version. Specially in this case when there's less than a week between them..:oops:. One thing is clear, I will update mine ASAP just in case; I flew my MV just an hour ago, to find that there was a lot of interference, new to me on a well known area; so bad I had to abort my mission without delay..
BR,
Spanish Flyer
PS. was trying to take photos of a roman bridge at the proper height, but had to take a couple much higher than planned.

Cangas de Onís? Careful with the Greens :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User