DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New flyer from Cornwall

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the MA2. Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over Cornwall and the rest of the UK. When you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. You will find valuable support and feedback here. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Hi all. Just saying hello. Bought Mavic Air 2 a couple of weeks ago. My first drone. Loving it, it's so addictive. Getting a bit more confident slowly - no crashes yet!!
Hi Jezbot, like you I bought my MA2 a couple of weeks ago and it was my first drone too. Was getting quite a few flight hours in until a few days ago when bad weather moved in (strong winds and torrential rain) so all flights cancelled for the time being. I live in Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland, I moved here from Sussex when I retired 10 years ago. I used to live in Trethurgy, near St Austell in Cornwall back in the 1970’s so know that area pretty well. Used to sail from Padstow sailing club most weekends. Great part of the country to live in. Enjoy your Mavic MA2.

Hi OAPdroner. I've recently retired too, hence the drone for a new hobby. Coincidence that you mention Padstow....here's a pic from just yesterday. With an attack gull!! They really didn't like the drone!!View attachment 105717
Great Picture, especially with seagull zooming in. Did you take avoiding action? I used to launch my sailing dinghy D8BECAEA-68B8-4F37-B30D-FF041A11DD61.jpeg that ramp in the foreground. That building in the foreground (top of roof showing) has been built since the 1970’s because our wooden sailing clubhouse was on that spot. I have Buzzards and red kites flying round here, not encountered any yet whilst flying but was told if they do take an interest fly straight up and they will probably lose interest. If you fly down they are more likely to attack as they always descend on their prey from above. Could also be very messy if they come down on the 4 sets of props. + I would be in a lot of trouble as Red Kites are protected. I’ve attached one of my first photos where I was trying to get my dog, “Cody” used to the MA2 flying around. Enjoy your flying.

Welcome! I was in Cornwall for a week once - no drone ? - and loved the people and the scenery. We mostly wobbled our way along the coast. One of our favorite places was Port Isaac, but there were many beautiful places. The pasties weren't bad either! Look forward to seeing more from you. Happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme