DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Forum Member- Bay Area first time drone owner Mavic Air

BigskyBob

Reactions
Wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forum. I’m a recent purchaser of a Mavic Air and am super excited to see everything it can do. I’ve wanted a drone for years and finally have one. Got it all set up, registered with FAA, and even did my first 50ft class c authorization in the Kittyhawk app for just over my house (pretty close to OAK). Scared the crap outta myself. I definitely get the new owner scared sensation. Just added DJI care and that’ll reduce my anxiety a bit.

I live in the Bay Area -east bay - and would love some great recommendations for some beginner locations around me. My wife and I do a lot of off-roading around the state and think this will be a nice complement to that activity. She’s already into photos and we like doing cool panoramic shots.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends in this activity and forum. Cheers!!

Rob

View attachment 6DE3B906-DFB5-4C46-B6B9-1941A8408FCC.jpeg

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: BigskyBob
Welcome to the forum and the hobby :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am located in the South Bay and also have a MA. I have a practice field near Evergreen College, but for more open flying I go to BLM land south of Morgan Hill. I am away for 2 weeks, but if you are interested and provide me with your contact info, I would be happy to fly with you to help you through your early flying jitters.

Welcome to the For
Wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forum. I’m a recent purchaser of a Mavic Air and am super excited to see everything it can do. I’ve wanted a drone for years and finally have one. Got it all set up, registered with FAA, and even did my first 50ft class c authorization in the Kittyhawk app for just over my house (pretty close to OAK). Scared the crap outta myself. I definitely get the new owner scared sensation. Just added DJI care and that’ll reduce my anxiety a bit.

I live in the Bay Area -east bay - and would love some great recommendations for some beginner locations around me. My wife and I do a lot of off-roading around the state and think this will be a nice complement to that activity. She’s already into photos and we like doing cool panoramic shots.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends in this activity and forum. Cheers!!

Rob

View attachment 78909

Welcome to the Forum Rob. Lots of knowledge here. I recommend searching forums first before posting a question. Lots of answers to simple questions can be found.

I'm fairly new myself, flying a Mavic 2 Pro. If you're ever in the Russian river area I can show many great places to fly. All away from people and buildings.

Really appreciate the kind welcome here. Took a few videos yesterday and am just trying to publish some for the first time. here's my third flight:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121