DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from Memphis

MemphisDroner

Reactions
Hey Dronesters,

I’m a newbie here and looking to get into the drone game with either a Mavic Air or Mavic Mini purchase soon. I have virtually no experience flying drones other than little $30 toy drones but want something to start taking on all my trips with me to help capture the beauty of the places I travel! I’ve done a lot of research and will continue to gather as much info as I can to try to make the best decision, but overall, is the Mavic Air Worth the extra dollars for a newbie to invest?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Here’s the two spec pages to compare:

check the full online manuals for best info.... get them in the links above.

welcome to the forum ,the mavic air is a very capable drone and a good place to start ,the mavic mini is ok but has limited capabilities compared to the bigger mavs,if it is something you really want to get into then a MPP combo or a good used M2P would be a good investment and you would benefit from the ocusync transmission system which is much better than just WIFI

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yeah, I’ve read some negative things about the WiFi transmission systems but I really don’t plan on flying much past my line of sight so if WiFi is good enough for that I think the Air might be my move...the mini just looks so compact and easy to travel with, that’s honestly the only thing that draws me to it.

Welcome! I'm in Jonesboro Arkansas but go to Memphis frequently and it is a great place to fly! The Mini is a great piece of technology and I love mine but would be really sad if it was my only drone as you really have to respect its limitation in wind so I would consider something that would allow me to fly more often if you can.

If you ever want to meet up and do some flights by the river or something I have a MM and M2P we can play with :)

Happy flying!

Welcome! I'm in Jonesboro Arkansas but go to Memphis frequently and it is a great place to fly! The Mini is a great piece of technology and I love mine but would be really sad if it was my only drone as you really have to respect its limitation in wind so I would consider something that would allow me to fly more often if you can.

If you ever want to meet up and do some flights by the river or something I have a MM and M2P we can play with :)

Happy flying!

That'd be awesome! There's a chance I might be picking up a Mavic Air this Sunday and it's looking like it might actually not rain. Send me a PM if you'd wanna meet up this Sunday, I'd appreciate flying with someone who has experience for my first time rather than trying to figure it all out on my own!

That'd be awesome! There's a chance I might be picking up a Mavic Air this Sunday and it's looking like it might actually not rain. Send me a PM if you'd wanna meet up this Sunday, I'd appreciate flying with someone who has experience for my first time rather than trying to figure it all out on my own!
Congrats on the Air! For sure let's see if we can meet up. I will send ya a PM :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura