DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from Sacramento

wolf_riedel

Reactions
What’s up everyone! Checking in here from Sacramento! New to the drone world and bought the DJI Mini 2 about a month ago! One of the most fun and entertaining purchases I have made! Unfortunately while I was flying (and maybe getting a little too confident) I flew it into a pole causing it to fall about 40 feet to the ground, breaking an arm, and some of the body on the side that it fell on. I didn’t purchase the repair plan or whatever it was within the 48 hours so now I’m trying to figure out what to do. Going to submit a repair request with DJI and see what happens. Anyone have some advice on what else I could do or other options? Want to get back to flying asap! Thank you guys and nice to meet you all!!

Attachments

• 9AABC03F-8FF2-490D-94E3-42C371777A4C.jpeg
    9AABC03F-8FF2-490D-94E3-42C371777A4C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Hi Friend!

There are independent repair shops that might give you a better turnaround time on the repair vs. DJI. Do a search here on MavicPilots and you'll find info on them and DJI repairs.

As far as keeping the flying going, a lot of us have multiple aircraft so that when the inevitable happens, we can keep flying. Just saying.

Regarding your crash, when I am flying, I always look where I want to go, not where I don't want to go. More crashes (of all kinds, not just drones) happen because the operator gets fixated on an obstacle and then hits it. I learned this in SCCA racing school when I was learning to drive in the Formula V class and it's been part of my operating gospel for driving, skiing, and drone flying. The hands tend to follow the eyes. I know that it sounds counterintuitive if you've never heard it before but look it up, it's real!

Happy flying!

Hi Friend!

There are independent repair shops that might give you a better turnaround time on the repair vs. DJI. Do a search here on MavicPilots and you'll find info on them and DJI repairs.

As far as keeping the flying going, a lot of us have multiple aircraft so that when the inevitable happens, we can keep flying. Just saying.

Regarding your crash, when I am flying, I always look where I want to go, not where I don't want to go. More crashes (of all kinds, not just drones) happen because the operator gets fixated on an obstacle and then hits it. I learned this in SCCA racing school when I was learning to drive in the Formula V class and it's been part of my operating gospel for driving, skiing, and drone flying. The hands tend to follow the eyes. I know that it sounds counterintuitive if you've never heard it before but look it up, it's real!

Happy flying!
Definitely going to look into some other repair shops. Thank you for the tips!! Will be following those once I get it fixed! Lol

Hello from the Crossroads of America wolf_riedel.

Good luck with the repairs and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

What’s up everyone! Checking in here from Sacramento! New to the drone world and bought the DJI Mini 2 about a month ago! One of the most fun and entertaining purchases I have made! Unfortunately while I was flying (and maybe getting a little too confident) I flew it into a pole causing it to fall about 40 feet to the ground, breaking an arm, and some of the body on the side that it fell on. I didn’t purchase the repair plan or whatever it was within the 48 hours so now I’m trying to figure out what to do. Going to submit a repair request with DJI and see what happens. Anyone have some advice on what else I could do or other options? Want to get back to flying asap! Thank you guys and nice to meet you all!!
To purchase DJI Refresh plan after the 48 hour time window, you need to prove air worthiness to DJI. They make you jump through hoops- you need to record videos of the IMU and gimbal, I think. I did it once and it was really a pain.

I would just open up a ticket, and send it to them for repair. You will mostly likely receive back a new or refurbished drone and the repair costs will be less than the cost of a new drone.

Here is the thread. www.DJI.com>Consumer>Mini2>Support>Repair

Dale
Miami

Welcome to MP! Thanks for joining us!
I'm in Orangevale - been here since the end of April. I, too, have the M2. What a blast.
Good luck getting yours back where it belongs - in the air!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world. Hope you get back in the air soon.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura