DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from Southeast Alabama, USA

truett7

Reactions
Having just joined a few minutes ago, I am looking it over to discover what I might learn here.

I have owned a basic DJI Mavic for a couple of years now and due to a fairly rough sickness period, I am just now getting ready to start flying again. The sickness, along with meds, has left me fairly dizzy, and trying to follow the drone visually is hard due to an unstable condition. I am considering getting some goggles that would work with my iPad or iPhone to do my visual while flying. I am asking for suggestions as to what goggles are good but not too expensive that will work with the apple products.

Thanks and I hope all of you will have a great new year!

James

Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here.

Do you fly using a spotter to help you keep track of where the drone is in the air? In case you lose where it is to find it again? The use of someone may ease your worries and allow you to focus more on the flying and where it is going.

Goggles may not help, may make the condition worse and you would for sure need a spotter. Not saying you should not try goggles but read what you wrote, I would use a spotter always. Get a young kid to go along. They are usually up to it especially if they can fly too.

Good luck and fly safe.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your good reply. I am 75 and don't get around that well, but love flying. I will keep your comments in mind but would still like to try some goggles someday. One thing about Amazon, I can usually send it back if things don't work out well!

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Hello from the Crossroads of America truett7.

Nice to meet you James.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world. I have family in LA (Lower Alabama) near Troy. Plenty of open space to fly.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Hi and welcome. Nothing better than getting back to flying one’s drone. I had my third new hip in Feb 21 and couldn’t get out for a few weeks but all’s well. Over here you can’t wear anything other than eye glasses to VLOS so the spotter solution sounds the best. Also there’s a lot of stuff on strobes on the Forum and those might help to keep eyes on the craft. Best of luck.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters