DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New guy from Los Angeles, with a question regarding corrupt video files.

SwedeinLA

Reactions
Hi folks

New guy here from LA with a Mavic Air 2. Pleasure to be here, and looking forward to learn a lot. I added one of my photos for ***** and giggles:)

Yesterday I went flying down by the beach, long story short. Came home and was going to upload my footage. I followed the same procedure I always do, and I have never had any problems doing it that way.

I upload to lightroom ( yes you cant edit video there) but that is where i upload them, and like I said before, I have uploaded dozens of videos to lightroom with zero issues.

Yesterday, only the still photos uploaded properly, and the video files came up as corrupt??

Could I potentialy have changed a setting in the controller by accident? Faulty SD card?

I always take SD out of the drone, and put it in a card reader and upload that way, just this timke it did not work??

To add to the mystery, the files are on the controller. When I have it all connected, I can watch the clips through the DJI app on the controller.

What mysterious thing happened?

Going crazy over here.....I might buy a new SD card and try (only have 1 at home) But was hoping it was an easier simple fix....a rookie mistake on my end if you will.

Thanks guys. Glad to be here.

Attachments

• Sunrise.jpg
    Sunrise.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.29.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.29.46 PM.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.26.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.26.52 PM.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 11
Still doesnt work?? Tried filming twice. Both available to watch on DJI fly, but none of them uploaded through my card reader? I have it on H.265 and I tried both cache on and off. Same result...No upload.

That totally bums me out

That has always worked for me. Maybe because you moved the files over and then back. A few have mentioned there's some software to fix corrupted files. So all of your videos are corrupt? Wonder if your computer is just unable to play H.265 video files (may just need a codec)? Try H.264.

Reactions: SwedeinLA
Hmmm. First I deleted all files that were on SD card ( I can easily reshoot what was on there)......Then I changed to H.264, and now I can upload from SD card. I'm guessing i must have accidentally changed from 264 to 265....Problem solved for now:) Thanks so much

Question is it better to have cache on (if so what size) or cache off?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929