DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Guy From New Zealand

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
Beautiful country NZ, have only been there the once so far, 3 weeks of wilderness on the south island, 19/23 days in the bush walking around, just restocking a day between each walk :)
I don't take too many photos with the M1P, but might start taking more.
You can work on exposure and composure with your pics, takes a bit of learning on the M1P / MPP.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum Man O War . . . I agree with @Camino Ken . . .Those look like they were taken here in California.

You learn that certain regions take on a persona about themselves. I've been to NZ but stayed along the coast. Nice photos.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi Man o war, welcome to the forum. Good luck in dealing with the permits in your country. Looks like a lot of the beautiful areas are controlled by the DOC and I went through the process of getting permits there two months ago. All involved people were extremely nice and helpful but the process itself can be pretty drawn out. Anyway, happy droning...

Great photos. I’m coming over to NZ from the U.K. on a cruise in a few days.
Going into Christchurch before finish in Auckland where we stay for 2 days before settling off home.

Looking forward to getting some flying in. Any suggestions fairly close to ports would be appreciated.

Take care and catch you later. Peter

Hi Man o war, welcome to the forum. Good luck in dealing with the permits in your country. Looks like a lot of the beautiful areas are controlled by the DOC and I went through the process of getting permits there two months ago. All involved people were extremely nice and helpful but the process itself can be pretty drawn out. Anyway, happy droning...

Yea cheers know what you mean [emoji15] lucky where I am no requirement for the DOC land from what their website says

Going into Christchurch before finish in Auckland where we stay for 2 days before settling off home.

Looking forward to getting some flying in. Any suggestions fairly close to ports would be appreciated.

Hi Pete

I’m from the lower South so still being a bit green might not be of much help, I’ve checked out most websites here which give a fair indication on what’s required and of course AirShare etc we also need a lot of permission from local councils to fly in parks and Doc permits for Conservation land but Most seem pretty good to deal with [emoji106] Hope you have a great trip

Hi, also a newbie in NZ, looking forward to seeing your shots and where to fly in NZ!
Welcome both of you from a fellow Kiwi. Always interested to see where my countrymen get to so I can get more info myself. Been in the forum for a while. Interesting to see what goes on overseas. Generally the same rules under different names. Have fun. Any NZ specific questions put them here because there are a few of us here now.

Reactions: Man O War

Not sure about Auckland but as long as it’s shielded there are some nice spots to fly in Christchurch. Try going up to the Summit Road for some cool shots to Christchurch or the harbour on the other side. If there’s a day excursion to Akaroa try that as well.
Download AirShare, AirMap and UAV forecast which are helpful. Otherwise google with the city name and ‘drone’ and you’ll see where you can fly over public land.
Have fun.

Hi Peter. May not help with your cruise ship trip but sometimes just asking politely of private landholders works. Can’t help but try.

Reactions: Man O War
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu