DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New guy here!

Tootalltodd

Reactions
Hey all, I am a new pilot from northern California with less than 5 hrs of flight time but, boy is this an exciting hobby to which i am thoroughly addicted. I do have some questions though. Beyond the simple joy of flying my goal is to become competent enough to take my mini on waterfall hunts and am already practicing safe navigation via the camera. I have been unable to find this orientation icon that others have. In the tutorials it is in the lower center of the screen. Does anyone have any ideas how I can pull it up, it would be very helpful in my quests. Additionally if I go more than 1000' I get a warning that my signal strength is low and breakup of my picture return. Line of sight, I am in a valley but without interfering buildings or such. Again experienced help would be appreciated. Thank you. T3
Just my first picture

Attachments

• DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
Hey all, I am a new pilot from northern California with less than 5 hrs of flight time but, boy is this an exciting hobby to which i am thoroughly addicted. I do have some questions though. Beyond the simple joy of flying my goal is to become competent enough to take my mini on waterfall hunts and am already practicing safe navigation via the camera. I have been unable to find this orientation icon that others have. In the tutorials it is in the lower center of the screen. Does anyone have any ideas how I can pull it up, it would be very helpful in my quests. Additionally if I go more than 1000' I get a warning that my signal strength is low and breakup of my picture return. Line of sight, I am in a valley but without interfering buildings or such. Again experienced help would be appreciated. Thank you. T3
Just my first picture

Welcome to the Mini Family

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in the Rain and Land on the Water.

@Tootalltodd welcome to the forum,i would assume that as you are using the fly App then your drone would be a Mini2 or MA2 ,so in reply to your question about the orientation icon in the middle of the screen then it has been removed and is now part of the small map display ,to access it you need to touch the bottom right hand corner of the map and it should then appear in place of the map

@Tootalltodd welcome to the forum,i would assume that as you are using the fly App then your drone would be a Mini2 or MA2 ,so in reply to your question about the orientation icon in the middle of the screen then it has been removed and is now part of the small map display ,to access it you need to touch the bottom right hand corner of the map and it should then appear in place of the map
Thats great, thanks man

Hi Tootalltodd Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mini manual HERE
You want an SD card that is U3 for 4K
Most of all have FUN

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Just my first picture
Welcome aboard.
The Mini does not have the greatest signal stability and I have had flights that go out 1.5km no hickups on some days and on others I get signal interference when I am just 300m away. Adjust your antennas and try not to fly directly above you (in my experience).
From your pic: You can set your pictures to be taken at an aspect ratio of 4:3 since 16:9 just cuts the top 700 or so pixels of to produce 9 megapixel photos.

Happy flying

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest