DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Guy in PA

lappdawg27

Reactions
Hello Everyone,
Joined the forum today (but have been lurking for awhile, esp. on the Autel Pilots page). I was on the fence about getting a drone for quite a while (3 years?) but couldn't quite justify shelling out north of $1K for anything. Over the past 10 years I had been fairly active in the surface R/C scene, mainly racing off-road trucks and buggies. That's gotten a bit tedious for me, so I was looking for something else to do.

I first got wind of the Mavic Mini about 4 weeks ago and within a week I put a pre-order in at Best Buy. The price point and the portability were the 2 main selling points for me. On Sunday the 10th I got a yellow warning on my order and from what i could tell in Best Buy's forums it looked like it was some sort of warehouse stock issue. First thing Monday morning I changed my order to store pickup (it was previously gonna ship to my house) and within an hour I got an email saying it was ready for pickup. I picked it up on the way home from work. I unboxed it that evening and did a few test flights the following afternoon.

Now, with the exception of a few small toy drones and a Blade MCX2 I had no prior R/C flight experience. All I can say is I totally love this thing! As of this post I have 8 flights under my belt with not a single issue. My wife, who is always skeptical of my toys, actually thinks it's pretty cool, too. Back it my teenage years I used to video trains as a hobby, and the Mavic Mini has me excited to do that again, but from above. I do have a Youtube channel, "CTR Aerial", which as of now has my only 2 drone videos on it. I definitely have to get some more practice in, but I like the way things are going!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello Everyone,
Joined the forum today (but have been lurking for awhile, esp. on the Autel Pilots page). I was on the fence about getting a drone for quite a while (3 years?) but couldn't quite justify shelling out north of $1K for anything. Over the past 10 years I had been fairly active in the surface R/C scene, mainly racing off-road trucks and buggies. That's gotten a bit tedious for me, so I was looking for something else to do.

I first got wind of the Mavic Mini about 4 weeks ago and within a week I put a pre-order in at Best Buy. The price point and the portability were the 2 main selling points for me. On Sunday the 10th I got a yellow warning on my order and from what i could tell in Best Buy's forums it looked like it was some sort of warehouse stock issue. First thing Monday morning I changed my order to store pickup (it was previously gonna ship to my house) and within an hour I got an email saying it was ready for pickup. I picked it up on the way home from work. I unboxed it that evening and did a few test flights the following afternoon.

Now, with the exception of a few small toy drones and a Blade MCX2 I had no prior R/C flight experience. All I can say is I totally love this thing! As of this post I have 8 flights under my belt with not a single issue. My wife, who is always skeptical of my toys, actually thinks it's pretty cool, too. Back it my teenage years I used to video trains as a hobby, and the Mavic Mini has me excited to do that again, but from above. I do have a Youtube channel, "CTR Aerial", which as of now has my only 2 drone videos on it. I definitely have to get some more practice in, but I like the way things are going!
Welcome to the forum. I know Marietta isn't right next door but you're not too far from Philly. If you like, please join us in the Philadelphia Group. Up at the top menu, click on LOCAL, and then Philadelphia.

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, fly safe and have fun!

Welcome, Im a newbie to the drone world myself. I bought a Dragonflyer 15 years ago, back then they were called Quad copters, the term drone was never applied then, but things evolve. The dragonflyer is still airworthy but Im
hoping to have alot more fun with the MM whenever I receive it from Dji. ?????

Welcome, Im a newbie to the drone world myself. I bought a Dragonflyer 15 years ago, back then they were called Quad copters, the term drone was never applied then, but things evolve. The dragonflyer is still airworthy but Im

I initially hated the term "drone"

Hello...we go back in the industry about that far as well and remember the original Dragonflyers. Back then they were working on something similar to what we now have with DJI as a smart controller. I never looked back to see if they ever made them or not.

If your Mavic Mini does not ship right away, consider grabbing one from us. We have them in stock, free shipping and you could have it before Thanksgiving. We have had a number of people cancel their orders after getting them from us. Either way, glad to have you on the forums here with all of us. There are lots of good conversations to be part of.

Hello...we go back in the industry about that far as well and remember the original Dragonflyers. Back then they were working on something similar to what we now have with DJI as a smart controller. I never looked back to see if they ever made them or not.

If your Mavic Mini does not ship right away, consider grabbing one from us. We have them in stock, free shipping and you could have it before Thanksgiving. We have had a number of people cancel their orders after getting them from us. Either way, glad to have you on the forums here with all of us. There are lots of good conversations to be part of.
Thanks, I am considering canceling my order order with Dji, I would re order with you folks at Florida Drone just as soon as DJI gave me a credit on my card.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS