DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New idea for Mavic FPV work around

Akoss

Reactions
Hey everybody. I have been looking into the best way to have an fpv setup for my Mavik pro without compromising what makes the Mavik so great in the first place! It's portability. So I have an idea I want to run by all of you. It's a theory as I haven't tried to yet but the items have been ordered.

We all know that the Mavik can't connect directly to any FPV goggles yet (until DJI finally decides to release them). So the best work around has been connecting the to a tablet with hdmi out and then connecting that to your fpv goggles hdmi in.

Problem with that is 1. Tablets that have HDMI out are getting harder and harder to come by and for a good one with decent video quality the Shield k1 is not cheap.

Okay so here is my idea... what if I were to take an Andorset Mini Android PC stick and load the DJI go4 app on it. Then connect it to both the controller and the FPV headset (the glyph for example)..

In theory wouldn't this work fine? It would cut out all the display issues with streaming to a tablet because a high end fpv goggle like the glyph has great HD video and they would be the primary viewing source with no tablet in between to bridge the connection...

Am I crazy or could this actually work?

Reactions: jculp99
Why not just get a cheapo VR headset for your phone and invest in litchi... I don't see your method working very well

I think not being able to interact with the screen would create problems. Though it would be possible to get a little bluetooth mouse (thingy) to get around that. Interesting idea.

My DJI goggles will be delivered next week, but I think I'd still like the option to hook the Mavik (<- just to annoy vashon100) up to my Skyzones (eg. when I have both my acro drone and Mavik out for the day and don't feel like packing the huge DJI goggles)

Reactions: BigRey
I think not being able to interact with the screen would create problems. Though it would be possible to get a little bluetooth mouse (thingy) to get around that. Interesting idea.

My DJI goggles will be delivered next week, but I think I'd still like the option to hook the Mavik (<- just to annoy vashon100) up to my Skyzones (eg. when I have both my acro drone and Mavik out for the day and don't feel like packing the huge DJI goggles)

How are you hooking into the Skyzones while flying the Mavic Pro ? (cable configuration)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580