DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New in Alabama - looking for advice

ericole

Reactions
Hi all!

When this covid insanity hit and I was forced to work from home, I found a Mavic Pro on craigslist for a good price. I got it for my son and I to use - he does a lot of video-making for youtube. We recently took it on a trip out west (Grand Canyon and related areas - didn't fly in any national parks). Anyway, it didn't come with a manual - just the hardware and a DJI tote bag. I have the manual in pdf form, but was wondering if there was somewhere I could buy a hard copy. Doesn't seem to be an option from DJI.

Also, there is still SO much to learn about it. Does anyone know of a concise set of video tutorials or similar that walks me through all of the features and the best way to use them?

thanks for any insights.

Hi all!

When this covid insanity hit and I was forced to work from home, I found a Mavic Pro on craigslist for a good price. I got it for my son and I to use - he does a lot of video-making for youtube. We recently took it on a trip out west (Grand Canyon and related areas - didn't fly in any national parks). Anyway, it didn't come with a manual - just the hardware and a DJI tote bag. I have the manual in pdf form, but was wondering if there was somewhere I could buy a hard copy. Doesn't seem to be an option from DJI.

Also, there is still SO much to learn about it. Does anyone know of a concise set of video tutorials or similar that walks me through all of the features and the best way to use them?

thanks for any insights.
Welcome to the forum
You say your son does youtube videos, well he would be familiar with youtube
There are lots of video tutorials available that walk you through everything step by step

just do a search for Mavic Pro tutorial
Mavic pro tutorial

thanks. Yes, I do youtube too. But like the WWW youtube has everything under the sun. I was wondering if there were some specific set of tutorials, or some specific youtubers that have a long-time following because they've produced a lot of well-received content. I can certainly search, just wanted to know if there were already any well "bookmarked" tutorials anyone could send me to.

First - Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Now go HERE and scroll to bottom of the page

A big Texas Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The Mavic Pro is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.Lots of fellow Alabamans and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your Mav. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

A big Texas Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The Mavic Pro is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.Lots of fellow Alabamans and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your Mav. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!
Haven't heard of that app - definitely will check it out! thanks

First - Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Now go HERE and scroll to bottom of the page
There is a lot toward the "bottom" of the page - which specific thing/things are you pointing me too? thanks

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
As others have suggested, just search YT for Mavic Pro Tutorials. You should be able to find all that your looking for including special tips and tricks.
Good luck and fly safe!;)

There is a lot toward the "bottom" of the page - which specific thing/things are you pointing me too? thanks
Sorry - should have said approx halfway down - you should see this
MAVIC PROVideos

I have learned much from Xavier at Drone X Factor. Plus, the guys at this forum have been very very helpful. You can even learn from the mistakes of others. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy