New in box and unused - Mavic Pro $2000 - Tampa / Vegas

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Fireblade, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Fireblade

Fireblade Well-Known Member

Will be in Florida to pick it up this Saturday from one of the local apple stores. Totally new and un-used. Available for local pickup if anyone from Tampa is interested. I can drop it off at Fedex on Sunday (expedited and insured).

I'll also be back in Vegas on wed for any Vegas or SoCal people that might b interested.

:)

#1 Fireblade, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. hkdman

hkdman Well-Known Member

$2,000?!? C'mon - I don't have a problem with anyone making a few extra bucks - but unless this comes with 10 batteries, a case, etc. - seems a little much. For everyone - I just received my Mavic Pro (yesterday) Ordered on February 9th from DJI's website. Received it within 6 days - total cost was $1300 (fly more package). My suggestion is that people go that route unless you absolutely must have it NOW. Even then - you can find plenty of deals for a new mavic for around $1200 (just the drone - not fly more) which is only a $200 markup and not a $1,000 markup.

3. Fido

Fido Well-Known Member

That post was over 3 months ago.

Piss take price granted but back in November he probably got close to what he was asking.

Kilrah likes this.
  4. hkdman

hkdman Well-Known Member

Oh! Hah! Didn't see the date - point well taken!

5. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

I bought my combo for 1900 at that time. 2000 for aircraft only would have been a bit excessive, but who knows someone might have taken the plunge anyway, they were so scarce back then with absolutely no improvement in sight.

TL;DR: Someone can't read dates.

Mjonesy758 likes this.
  6. hkdman

hkdman Well-Known Member

I gotta tell ya - no way in heck would I have paid those kind of prices! Don't get me wrong, to each their own - but the way I look at it is that I saved about $325 / month by waiting until now :)

7. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Other way around here - those extra $600 got me about 4 hours of footage in a place I likely won't go regularly anymore in the time it took to receive my own order. That's only half a day of pro aerial shooting.

Also... I've been flying FPV since 2003, and the Mavic is the first aircraft that allows me to do exactly what I was dreaming about back then and tried to achieve since. Compared to what I've spent to try to achieve that during these 13 years, it's a drop in the ocean :)

Saltyflyer likes this.
  8. Fireblade

No extra batteries, but it did come with great customer service :) -- I do agree with you though, the price is pretty ridiculous and no one should pay for that much.. but as you can tell, I wasn't really selling to cheap bastadz like you and me lol.

My first one, I actually sold for 2300 on ebay. It was some business owner that wanted to buy it as a gift for one of his clients. My 25th one sold for around 1200. So obviously, the price changed as the supply increased.

I actually wasn't even planning on selling Mavics when this all started. My very first one I actually gave to my nephew lol. BUt then I saw the craze and started selling them as they came in, and kept doing it till it wasn't worth doing it anymore lol.

Cheers my friend! And next time, check the post date before reviving an old thread ;) lol

On a sidenote, interested in buying a phantom 4 pro? lol

9. Fireblade

You have to think of it this way. FOr some people, 2-3k is nothing for them. Just like paying for overpriced snacks at the movies for us. WHile that soda or popcorn is probably marked up to 200-300%, most still buy it because it's not really that expensive for us. Same goes for those dropping 2-3k on Mavics at the beginning.. Yea, rich people suck! BUt might as well profit from them haha

fyi, i also don't buy snacks in the movies (too expensive!), I buy them outside and put them in my gf's giant purse haha.

10. hkdman

hkdman Well-Known Member

Hah! Good point! If you could get that price back then - more the power to you!