DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New in Box? Fly More Combo - Prop's already installed?

rcflyingaddict

Reactions
I was expecting to have to put the prop's on via everything I have read.... mine came with PROP's on -- can anyone else confirm if this was the case with their new MP or MP/play more combo?

My original new fly more unit came with props installed.

Front props should not have been fitted. There a re zillion unboxing vids..

Have a look at 5:48 for correct presentation when pristine in box and 6:05 for how front props ship in felt pouch stowed beneath MP unit.

That said it is probably not really an issue, if everything looks brand new. If it was me, I would use DJI Assistant 2 to take a look at the logs on the Mavic to see if there is any indication of it being used.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
2 or 4? I just watched half a dozen Mavic Fly More Set unboxing videos... all of them had ONLY the rear props pre-installed.

All 4. The first time I fitted props on my Mavic was when I received a replacement from DJI Service which was probably a refurb.

Perhaps some retailers feel the need to open the box and fit the front props.

Possibly, it was DJI direct, first shipment back in late October 2016. Might have been quality control on initial units or something.

I guess whether props were on or off is not an indication of a new unit or a refurb.

All of mine are installed and the flymore part of my kit has apparently 'flown' as I seem to be missing all but the MP - looks like I'll be returning and trying again.

All of mine are installed and the flymore part of my kit has apparently 'flown' as I seem to be missing all but the MP - looks like I'll be returning and trying again.

It should also have all the peel plastic on the sensors, arm peel tabs and battery peel label being new.

My first Mavic I got from DJI direct, and I swear it was used. Even had some mars on the front nose. But I bought it as new from DJI. My latest Mavic I bought was not from DJI and it had all the above in place and was new for sure...so anymore you just don't know what your buying from these places.

If I buy a NIB I expect it to be NIB not used or refurb whether it works fine or not. I'll take a used or refurb one too but not at new prices.

Last edited:
I was expecting to have to put the prop's on via everything I have read.... mine came with PROP's on -- can anyone else confirm if this was the case with their new MP or MP/play more combo?

Two props installed. IIRC it was the forward two. Edit: reading other replies, seems to be the rear props. So much for recall.

Also a few stickers to remove.

Don't bother removing the sticker on top of the camera, however. It may actually be reducing "rub" when the camera gets bounced around.

It should also have all the peel plastic on the sensors, arm peel tabs and battery peel label being new.

My first Mavic I got from DJI direct, and I swear it was used. Even had some mars on the front nose. But I bought it as new from DJI. My latest Mavic I bought was not from DJI and it had all the above in place and was new for sure...so anymore you just don't know what your buying from these places.

If I buy a NIB I expect it to be NIB not used or refurb whether it works fine or not. I'll take a used or refurb one too but not at new prices.
Yep - that's my take as well. Mine is definitely an open box of some sort missing nearly everything I see in the unboxing vid's. Ordered another one and hoping for the best.

Check in GoApp and see if the DEVICE name has been entered. If so, it is definitely used. If not, it may still be used if the owner didn't enter a name. Also, with my new one I got some introductory screens at initial startup in GoApp.

Another question .... Did your flymore combo come in a single box or separate boxes?? I saw that the new flymore combo comes in one large box with everything inside... Are they still shipping the old separate boxes or should anyone ordering now get the 'new' one?

Single box.
How long ago did you order? Mine came in one large brown box .. inside was just the Mavic Pro box -- that's it. Watching some unboxing it looks like it should have had 3 boxes ... and the new 'combo branding' is one large white box with everything in it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242