DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New in Cheshire UK

BarrieW

Reactions
Hi, I'm an " oldie " (73) but like new challenges and photography and always willing to give new things a go. Age is no barrier! My wife says I never stop trying new gadgets and the latest is the Mavic Mini - very impressed although it's very gusty out at present so have only flown in a very crowded bedroom with the prop guards but no collisions at all and can't believe how responsive and easy it is to fly! Can't wait to get outside and try the photo and video capabilities. Need to go over the regs again as still slightly confused whether I need to register and get an Operators ID or not before November , and is it me or are some people confused between feet and metres - have seen posts (not on this site) where some talk of 150 feet/ 50 feet and others say 150/50 metres. Glad to be a drone "pilot" even though late in the day!;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Just around the corner, love Chester, an awesome city!!! I would recommend doing the test regardless. It makes you read up for one and you may learn something. Being 249g, it does not require a license for now. But come Nov(not because of weight) you will req registering it, due to the camera onboard. Its a 20 question multiple choice, req 16 or more to pass. If you learn one thing........its worth it.

Welcome from another newbie, this is a great forum full of awesome members, serious! Friendly, knowledgeable and willing to help/advise. A bonus being world wide, you get to see some amazing places/footage to!

Yes open space, dont forget just letting go of the sticks(providing not very windy like today) it will stay there hovering. On my 1st run, i simply went high enough not to hit anything(like 20m or so) and got use to the controls. Find which mode works best for you early on, which is most natural(control modes 1-4). Play around, but it does take time getting use to the drone coming towards and everything reversed. Dont forget the little map to, this helps pinpoint where you are in relation to area, it can get a little tricky once a few 100m away. Fly safe, enjoy

Thanks for the welcome - hoping to pick up lots of tips/advice from new friends and looking forward to getting out there although looking at the UAV forecast, not much hope in the next 24 hours or so due to 30 mph + gusts !?‍♂️

Welcome to our Forum from Hauptmann in Texas (across the pond).

Glad to see some young blood like yourself here (I'm 78). As you can see, we have many fellow Englishmen and women among our 100,000+ members. They and others will be happy to pass on hints to help you advance your skills as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum, from Chicago the Windy City. Your in good company here, I took up flying because I can see the sites and not have to go walk far.
Learned that most things I want to fly over are restricted, but still having fun.
I keep picking up new tips, learning every day from other pilots, more knowledge and confidence you have, will help keep you flying. And not sending drone out for repairs, a lot of preventive maintenance involved. One of the places to check out is Mavic Help and Mavic tips, give you tips on battery maintance as one example. Blue Sky's and safe flying.

Welcome to the forum from the woods of Maine! My wife said I needed a hobby when I retired so I bought a Mini. Loved it’s size but was concerned about its stability in the wind so I upgraded to an MA2. I enjoy flying them both, depending on the wind speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett