DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New iPad Mini, anyone upgraded?

LapetusOne

Reactions
Was curious if anyone had tried out the new iPad Mini with their Mavic. I saw that the new one has about 90-100 more nits of brightness. Is it noticeable in sunny conditions?

Reactions: pmshop
Was curious if anyone had tried out the new iPad Mini with their Mavic. I saw that the new one has about 90-100 more nits of brightness. Is it noticeable in sunny conditions?

I have the iPad Mini 5 and I love it. I have used it in very bright sun and haven’t had any problems with seeing the app.

Same here, love it!
Just wish it did not have the auto dim when it gets hot.
But without a case, that rarely happens.

I bought the iPad Mini 5 about a month ago, specifically for use with my M2Pro. I did not own any prior iPads, so I cannot comment on its relative brightness. I custom built (using my 3D printer) a mount and sunshade.

My reaction?

I like it, but even with a sunshade, it can be tough to see on a really bright day. Having said that, I own quite a few cameras and other devices with displays, and none of them are worth a hoot in direct sunlight. The worst is the wristwatch display for my Sony Action cam (GoPro equivalent) which is 100% useless outdoors, the very venue for which it was designed.

So, if brightness is your key requirement, as much as I like my iPad Mini 5, I'd recommend you keep looking to find something brighter.

My experience is similar to John Meyer's
The glare is better than the 4, but brightness is marginaL
flying Recently, by 8:30 AM I had wished I had brought my crystalsky.
I often bring the mini because it is light weight and convenient and I fly during the golden hour so the mini is enough. At 8:30 AM, It was not

Reactions: LapetusOne
I had to get the mini5 for my M2P, found one secret for use with the shade in the sun (Black shirt)shocking differences try it you’ll be surprised!(amazed!)

What a great idea. Now that you mention it, I do reflect a lot of light onto the display.
I’ve got a keen eye for the obvious.
Only have to hit me a couple of times and I’ll get it!
Ha Ha!
Thanks
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Tom S

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent