DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New(ish) Mavic Pro owner, experienced pilot

garethshaw

Reactions
Hi all

So I bought the Mavic back in September of last year, clocked up a few hundred flights on that airframe since in the form of photos, videos, ortho, volumetric and 3D models. It's amazing to fly and so agile, I've used it many times to teach complete newbies how to fly, it's just so stable. Qualified CAA pilot and will be getting my part 107 when I move to New York sometime this year.

Over the last 7-8 years I've flown multiple fixed wings, Phantoms, F450, F550, 960 heavy lifts (22kg payload custom build), AscTec Falcon 8, dozens of tiny UAVs and flight sims. I worked for a UAV aerial inspection company for 2 years and ended up designing their in-house Business and Client Management and Maintenance System, I'm also a light aircraft and paragliding pilot. However none of this makes me a expert, just someone that's been around the block a few times and looking to learn more and help where I can.

Anyway, that's a brief overview. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone.
Gareth

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: garethshaw
Hi all

So I bought the Mavic back in September of last year, clocked up a few hundred flights on that airframe since in the form of photos, videos, ortho, volumetric and 3D models. It's amazing to fly and so agile, I've used it many times to teach complete newbies how to fly, it's just so stable. Qualified CAA pilot and will be getting my part 107 when I move to New York sometime this year.

Over the last 7-8 years I've flown multiple fixed wings, Phantoms, F450, F550, 960 heavy lifts (22kg payload custom build), AscTec Falcon 8, dozens of tiny UAVs and flight sims. I worked for a UAV aerial inspection company for 2 years and ended up designing their in-house Business and Client Management and Maintenance System, I'm also a light aircraft and paragliding pilot. However none of this makes me a expert, just someone that's been around the block a few times and looking to learn more and help where I can.

Anyway, that's a brief overview. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone.
Gareth
Howdy from Wyoming @garethshaw , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: garethshaw
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic+Air/20180213/Mavic+Air+User+Manual+v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to MavicPilots! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike