DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New kid on the block V-Coptr

Filek

Reactions
Hi guys it´s of topic but I feel it is woth to share.
New V shape two rotor drone with DJI spec and 50 min flight time!
gethover.com
Check it out, it looks like real DJI competition.
zero zero robotic V-Coptr Falcon

Reactions: clackey
As spammy as your first ever message on this forum is, this is pretty freaking cool..I'd love to see how it flies.

Reactions: Prismatic
This came up in my feed too, I'm doubtful it'll make it to production. Bicopters are notoriously unstable. The built in dihedral is obviously an attempt to address this

I've actually seen a DIY bicopter kit for sale, but I don't think they're putting them together anymore

If you want to see a real RC bicopter :

Rather like an airborne Segway. It’s a lovely sight aloft, but color me dubious about those complex gear trains for the tilting rotors. One can scarcely count the potential points of failure in that system. And if just one gear in that Lilliputian train—on either side—fails under stress, the drone is uncontrollable.

This design is inevitably less reliable mechanically than current designs, and thus inevitably a greater potential hazard as well.

I hope I’m proven wrong; it is an elegant bird!

Last edited:
Reactions: RTKD and The Editor
Hi guys it´s of topic but I feel it is woth to share.
New V shape two rotor drone with DJI spec and 50 min flight time!
gethover.com
Check it out, it looks like real DJI competition.
zero zero robotic V-Coptr Falcon
What’s your affiliation to this company?

What’s your affiliation to this company?
Probably they’re the Director of Marketing, but as has been noted, the drone is an interesting one, worth discussing. Granted, the absence of a disclaimer could be considered shameful at the very least.

Reactions: RTKD
From their ad:

“7 Kilometer Transmission Distance with 50 minutes of flight time and 7 kilometer transmission distance, fly as high and far as you’d like.”

? I think we are getting closer to the time when commercially sold recreational consumer drones are going to be severely gelded by the FAA and the aviation authorities of other countries...

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor and RTKD
just came across it at the Flipper
And you felt compelled to create the account, just today, on which the above is the second post (the first being the plug itself). The jig is up, as they say, although that idiom may be unfamiliar to you.

Reactions: The Editor
And you felt compelled to create the account, just today, on which the above is the second post (the first being the plug itself). The jig is up, as they say, although that idiom may be unfamiliar to you.
Yap, just today bro
I just like V- Copter design that’s all to it.
Did I offend you with that?

It is a very interesting drone concept. Also:

"V-Coptr Falcon is equipped with advanced VIO (Visual Inertial Odometry) and a front facing stereo camera. It can map its surroundings, detect obstacles, and avoid collisions in realtime."

I wonder if it'll have AI like the Skydio R2? If it will plot a course around an obstacle? Does it have omni-dir vision sensors? It would be much more portable as well...

Hey all - let's avoid jumping all over someone for their first post and give him the benefit of the doubt. We have a huge % of people who lurk here and just wait for something interesting to post. If they see you all jump on someone for their first post then they won't post either.

As far as I can tell he has no relation to the company.

ZeroZero created the hover passport camera drone. It didn't do well in the market but they have some good experience in the area.

At $699 this looks interesting. The more drone manufacturer competition, the better, IMO.

Yap, just today bro
I just like V- Copter design that’s all to it.
Did I offend you with that?
As I said, I think you made an appropriate post, and don't care if you're the Director of Marketing for them or if you're just a bro who parachuted in here carrying a banner.
The drone is indeed interesting, though I have misgivings about its reliability.

There is another thread on it here.

I think that all those gears would be extremely hard to replace or fix.

Reactions: Prismatic
I think that all those gears would be extremely hard to replace or fix.
It’s probable the associated drone would have gone out of control if the tilt-rotor mechanism failed in flight. So the drone will likely need other repairs if those gears need servicing.

It’s probable the associated drone would have gone out of control if the tilt-rotor mechanism failed in flight. So the drone will likely need other repairs if those gears need servicing.
Yes, I don't see how it could stay in the air with just one prop; if you're 100ft up, the damage would be extensive. I see what you mean. I wonder if Zero Zero is going to have a Care Refresh-like program so you have a fallback if you do crash.

Yes, I don't see how it could stay in the air with just one prop; if you're 100ft up, the damage would be extensive. I see what you mean. I wonder if Zero Zero is going to have a Care Refresh-like program so you have a fallback if you do crash.
Failure of the tilting mechanism wouldn't necessarily affect the motor, so the drone would likely remain airborne. You just wouldn't able to control it.
Best case I can imagine is that it just flies in a circle or it spins around. So even a "controlled" landing is necessarily a crash.
Quads don't have this mode of failure.

Failure of the tilting mechanism wouldn't necessarily affect the motor, so the drone would likely remain airborne. You just wouldn't able to control it.
Best case I can imagine is that it just flies in a circle or it spins around. So even a "controlled" landing is necessarily a crash.
Quads don't have this mode of failure.
I wasn't really talking about the servos; I was talking about the gear-train system. If one of those gears were, say, stripped out, the it would affect the motor for sure, such as the rotor speeds, balance, all that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61