DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MA2 owner/user from Downunder

Alexander Of Oz

Reactions
Hey folks, I'm a relatively new owner and user of the Mavic Air 2, living in Adelaide, South Australia. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about what this little drone is capable of. My primary use is for photography of old ruins.

I'm glad the forum is here, to tap into the shared knowledge & I'll apologise in advance as I share a lot of my images, rather than just sharing the best ones! I learn from the process of doing that. ?

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alexander Of Oz Welcome to Mavic Pilots
New flyer advice.
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Air 2 manual HERE
Thanks for the welcome @THE CYBORG . I should have clarified, I have had a drone for a year and a half prior to this one, sorry! I have a Parrot Anafi that not long ago had a brain fart and dropped out of the sky, this little bird was bought to allow me to complete some documenting work I am undertaking. The plan is to repair the old girl, replacing a broken leg and have the two birds. Although I am very tempted by the Autel EVO II Pro for that 1" sensor. ;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?
Also if your not a member already we have a forum on the Autel.

welcome to the forum
as far as photos of old ruins ,if we lived closer you could take some of me ;););)

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and guidance. We look forward to seeing the view of your world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thanks all for the warm welcome, great bunch in here by the looks! Thumbswayup :cool:

Greetings from ormond beach Florida
Hope things have settled down a bit in your region.
Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and guidance. We look forward to seeing the view of your world.
Definitely lots to read and plenty of tips to pick up!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
It's a good forum, I'm sure I'll enjoy the stay!
Welcome Alex,

Don’t forget some of the great Silo Art you have there too in SA.
We were at the Quorn silo's for the image projections on Thursday night, but the Air 2 doesn't do well with low light scenario's. Ruins are my thing! I document them for all manner of groups and people/historians to use the images. Whilst I love the silo art, it's not really in the areas I visit! I'm a little more off the beaten track than that... but, if I pass any, I will make sure to get the bird airborne!

We were at the Quorn silo's for the image projections on Thursday night, but the Air 2 doesn't do well with low light scenario's. Ruins are my thing! I document them for all manner of groups and people/historians to use the images. Whilst I love the silo art, it's not really in the areas I visit! I'm a little more off the beaten track than that... but, if I pass any, I will make sure to get the bird airborne!
Please do. We had issues with our car while in SA last Christmas and didn't get to see as much as we had intended. At least we got to catch two of the silos. Tried to get to the Midnight Oil house but beaten back by the heat in the end. Will definitely return once the inbound restrictions in NSW are lifted and we can finally return home.

Attachments

• Cowell_Silo.jpg
    Cowell_Silo.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Wirrabara_Silo.jpg
    Wirrabara_Silo.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 6
Please do. We had issues with our car while in SA last Christmas and didn't get to see as much as we had intended. At least we got to catch two of the silos. Tried to get to the Midnight Oil house but beaten back by the heat in the end. Will definitely return once the inbound restrictions in NSW are lifted and we can finally return home.
Oh my! Are you trapped in the UK, unable to return to NSW? I thought you could return just with the necessary 14 day quarantine. We have people returning to SA doing that!

Funny you should mention the Midnight Oil House! ;)

Oh my! Are you trapped in the UK, unable to return to NSW? I thought you could return just with the necessary 14 day quarantine. We have people returning to SA doing that!

Funny you should mention the Midnight Oil House! ;)

Yup! SA are in the same boat too. The governments in each state have capped the number of returning residents desperate to get back home. In NSW it’s 350 per day. Then there’s the 14-day quarantine.

We got stuck when Qantas cancelled all international flights in April, thanks again Mr Joyce. Finally got our refund after chasing for 3-months. Then our next flight got cancelled by Singapore Airlines at the beginning of September and now we have to wait until the end of November and expecting that will go the same way. The airlines are filling all seats in the hope the caps will be removed then cancelling seats with less than a week’s notice.

NSW announced today that they want to start bringing in International students before Christmas. Maybe it would be a good idea to get your own citizens home first!

There are over 25,000 here in the UK still waiting to get home and over 100,000 globally.

• Wow
Reactions: Alexander Of Oz
Yup! SA are in the same boat too. The governments in each state have capped the number of returning residents desperate to get back home. In NSW it’s 350 per day. Then there’s the 14-day quarantine.

We got stuck when Qantas cancelled all international flights in April, thanks again Mr Joyce. Finally got our refund after chasing for 3-months. Then our next flight got cancelled by Singapore Airlines at the beginning of September and now we have to wait until the end of November and expecting that will go the same way. The airlines are filling all seats in the hope the caps will be removed then cancelling seats with less than a week’s notice.

NSW announced today that they want to start bringing in International students before Christmas. Maybe it would be a good idea to get your own citizens home first!

There are over 25,000 here in the UK still waiting to get home and over 100,000 globally.
I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing this turmoil. SA did the same thing, bringing in overseas students before our own residents! It really does seem crazy.

I didn't realise that many were stranded out of the country. Wow!

Here's hoping for a speedy and safe return for you.

Hey folks, I'm a relatively new owner and user of the Mavic Air 2, living in Adelaide, South Australia. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about what this little drone is capable of. My primary use is for photography of old ruins.

I'm glad the forum is here, to tap into the shared knowledge & I'll apologise in advance as I share a lot of my images, rather than just sharing the best ones! I learn from the process of doing that. ?

Cheers,
Alex

G'day and welcome from sunny QLD. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent