DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Pro Operator - North Carolina

LeeGW

Reactions
Hello everyone, I'm new to the drone world. My company decided they wanted to be able to take photos and videos with a drone, so I got tasked with making that happen. I passed my FAA Part 107 exam a few weeks ago, and still waiting on everything to get processed. Then I'm going to take the North Carolina DOT exam. I've got some questions regarding logbooks and checklists that I'll be searching around the forums for answers to. If there's anyone else here from NC, near the Triad, drop a line. I'd love to meet some locals who are also flying. Thanks!

Lee

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to your contribution.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to you from Hauptmann, in the sovereign state of Texas!

The M2P is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. But your needs as a pro are different from those of a hobbyist. You need to develop a high degree of piloting skill. Practice, practice, practice until your stick movements become second nature to you, just as balance adjustments are while riding a bike. You need to be able to make subtle corrections without conscious thought--you just make them. If you'll be flying close to stationary objects while doing, say, infrastructure surveillance, a wrong move could cause a crash.

Be sure to read, reread and reread the manual! Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash, and perhaps lose your bird . Just be sure you know how to retrieve it. Time is money. A lost drone will cost you both time and money, and also perhaps the good will of your employer.

Good luck with your new endeavor. Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the forum from the western end of the state up in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Congrats on passing your test.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!z
Lots of knowledgeable members in this forum who are willing to help you out anyway they can, don’t be shy!

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22