New Mavic 2 pro owner

Martyc6

Airial Liquid llc
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Hay guys,
I’m a new Mavic 2 owner but I have had a spark, as well as a blade 350 qx3 with a go pro for the camera.
so I’m not new the drone life.

But I am new to the video editing world, so I want to ask what have you used the most that helped the most with editing videos.

My current PC should be more than capable to handle 4K.

I currently have the Smart Controller for ease of use!

Thanks in advance!
Marty

I use Resolve for editing. They have a free version that has much / most of the features one might need if they're just doing simple slicing and that kind of editing.

However, if you want lens correction and color grading (and/or LUT application), plus any of the other effects in the package, you're going to spring for the Resolve Studio package ($300).

Note that having a fast computer might not be enough with h.265. You'll need a fast video card that not only has enough memory (4-6GB minimum), but also a GPU that handles h.265. Otherwise, it will be a software decode and that will drag down even fast machines.

Chris

Reactions: Martyc6
I use Resolve for editing. Note that having a fast computer might not be enough with h.265. You'll need a fast video card that not only has enough memory (4-6GB minimum), but also a GPU that handles h.265. Otherwise, it will be a software decode and that will drag down even fast machines.
I too have fast computer. Built in video card was not able to work. Upgraded to card with 16 GB and now edits smoothly.

Note, for me, a long learning curve, though worth it.

I just started using the free version of DaVinci Resolve 16 and it's crazy powerful. There is a few features that aren't available but they are few and really not that meaningful unless your creating big budget productions.
like i said i'm just getting into it but so far the only features I found so far that are not available are
1. Can not render over 4K
2. No collaboration tools to share work flow
3. No noise reduction
4. No face refinement
5. limited effects library
6. No 3D Stereoscope
7. No lens correction

I'm not sure about editing H265 simply cause my PC can't handle it. Resolve does offer some ways to ease the stress on your machine through optimizing the media and allowing you to edit in half or quarter resolution.
You can color grade and add luts. It also features a wonderful audio mixing tool.
My thoughts if your shooting for YouTube or even say real estate or client video the free version of DR16 is more than enough. Then down the line you could opt to update to the studio version.
like I said I'm only just getting into it and I'm sure more of the experienced members can clean up these points.

I. use Final Cut Pro and I am still learning different features with it. I like it so far, it wasn't free but it does not have monthly fees .

How is Sony Vegas?.

Thanks

I've been using Vegas for years as it was one of the early editors to offer native avchd and the studio versions were cheap but I'm not sure I'd recommend it now. Sony have sold the software to Magix who don't seem to have done much with it. I've been thinking it's time to look elsewhere for editing but would be curious to hear if anyone has changed from Vegas and what they'd recommend.

Reactions: Martyc6
I just started using the free version of DaVinci Resolve 16 and it's crazy powerful. There is a few features that aren't available but they are few and really not that meaningful unless your creating big budget productions.
like i said i'm just getting into it but so far the only features I found so far that are not available are
1. Can not render over 4K
2. No collaboration tools to share work flow
3. No noise reduction
4. No face refinement
5. limited effects library
6. No 3D Stereoscope
7. No lens correction

I'm not sure about editing H265 simply cause my PC can't handle it. Resolve does offer some ways to ease the stress on your machine through optimizing the media and allowing you to edit in half or quarter resolution.
You can color grade and add luts. It also features a wonderful audio mixing tool.
My thoughts if your shooting for YouTube or even say real estate or client video the free version of DR16 is more than enough. Then down the line you could opt to update to the studio version.
like I said I'm only just getting into it and I'm sure more of the experienced members can clean up these points.
Upon your recommendation I’ve been using DaVinci Resolve 16, I found it to be a good stepping stone towards learning Adobe Premiere Pro. Thanks for the suggestion.
Blue skies from SoCal

Reactions: Brice McMillan
I use Premiere Elements for video editing. Works great for me, and allows direct upload to YouTube

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark