DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro New Mavic 2 Pro pilot

LCummings99

Reactions
Not totally new to flying or photography and am definitely a novice but ever-learning drone pilot. I grew up around small single engine airplanes and have been a novice photographer for many years as well as have previously flown RC planes and gliders. I entered the drone world mid Nov. 2020 when I impulse-purchased a new Mini 1 which most of my drone stick time is in so far. I started with the Mini due to price and the potential of a new pilot causing damage to the AC. Although the Mini is fun to fly and shoot from and certainly has it's place in the consumer drone market, is obviously the lesser of the two in performance on many levels. (a perfect firmware upgrade would be to allow a slave and master controller ability for training purposes , yet will not be leaving my inventory anytime soon)

The M2P flies so much more smoothly, yet is very responsive to stick movement. The video and photo quality surpass my expectations by a significant amount!
These are examples of the first real photo opp I've had with it since it arrived less than 2 weeks ago.
-1st vid- H.264 @4k/25fps in RAW to keep the horizon from having to be post-edited, compressed to1080p, Sunny WB setting, shot in the late afternoon, shutter setting 1/40, 100 ISO, 3.2 F-Stop. Temperature was around 15°F and winds were between 2 and 17mph, the highest @3'oclock in the turn towards the end of this shot which I promptly brought it back from.
-2nd vid same settings, wind lighter but still 7-14mph, lower altitude and downwind to keep it from jittering as much. NO flotation :-/, don't know where the kahunas came from but love the outcome!

Last edited:
Whoops, now public

Reactions: Hauptmann
Another quiet video, a time-lapse this time but still haven't gotten to adding any music.

Last edited:
Sunrise from my M2Z since the M2P is headed in for DJI Care Refresh after a reasonably short altitude crash (clipped a prop at 7' AGL and it damaged the IMU)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair