DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Pro Pilot

Rick Fuentes

Reactions
I’m a new drone pilot and have a question.
I live within 5 miles of a hospital heliport, I can’t see it but according to B4UFly app, I’m within the 5 miles. How do I contact the heliport to let them know I’m flying? There is no phone number given on the app.

Reactions: dirkclod
How do I contact the heliport to let them know I’m flying?
How about trying to google the number? If nothing turns up there, you could try visiting the airport to find out how they'd like to be contacted.

Reactions: Rick Fuentes
B4UFly is known to be a problem. It is being reworked by private company with release date unknown. Try AirMap. Or.. call the hospital and ask who is in charge of the heliport. Consider a visit as suggested above and know the laws.

Until you can get the information and clearance the best thing is fly somewhere else.

Great ideas. I tried googling the hospital heliport but only gives general info of hospital but the not the heliport. I guess my best option would be to go visit the hospital and get more I info. I downloaded the AirMap app. Is it suppose to notify the airport tower of your flight pattern? The app doesn’t show any issues with me flying here. I guess, I still have lots to learn about the air space.

AirMap has LAANC implemented and will even show temporary restrictions...and yes it contacts the airport if they participate; not all do so now. Best is it only takes a few seconds. You have to supply info like take-off time, altitude(use < 400ft.), length of flight,and actually includes temporary restrictions like a a police action or public event, etc. The approval starts a timer for the flight time you entered, so I always enter the comprehensive time it would take to exhaust all the batteries I have with me.
On the other comment drive by, get the company name off the copter and consider contacting that way.

AirMap has LAANC implemented and will even show temporary restrictions...and yes it contacts the airport if they participate; not all do so now. Best is it only takes a few seconds. You have to supply info like take-off time, altitude(use < 400ft.), length of flight,and actually includes temporary restrictions like a a police action or public event, etc. The approval starts a timer for the flight time you entered, so I always enter the comprehensive time it would take to exhaust all the batteries I have with me.
On the other comment drive by, get the company name off the copter and consider contacting that way.
Thanks Thomas. I will try that. I appreciate the great comments on this forum, I’m learning a lot

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser