DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Zoom Opened before??/ June Build date??

JL337

Reactions
I just received my brand new Zoom that I had ordered from Amazon. Everything looks legit and sealed.
I checked the serial number to check build date and in said June 2018.
Should I be worried as this was the first batch of Mavic 2s released???

Last edited:
It also looks the seal has been broken but the plastic wrap is still on it. Should I just send it back?20190323_133314.jpeg

I’d ask for Amazon for an exchange. Failing that, a return due to not as advertised.
Shrink wrapping is not difficult.... Google it.

Reactions: JL337
I went ahead an opened... The box didn't looked too bad from the outside but the corners had been smashed a little. Not a big deal until I saw the gimbal guard had seperated and the back of the gimbal was banging on itself. It must have been dropped so hard and numerous times the antennas on the rc were opened quite a bit.
I’d ask for Amazon for an exchange. Failing that, a return due to not as advertised.
Shrink wrapping is not difficult.... Google it.

I went ahead an opened... The box didn't looked too bad from the outside but the corners had been smashed a little. Not a big deal until I saw the gimbal guard had seperated and the back of the gimbal was banging on itself. It must have been dropped so hard and numerous times the antennas on the rc were opened quite a bit.
OK, well....
I’d still try contacting Amazon ASAP with the details and your pics.... outside chance at best. Hard lesson likely.

OK, well....
I’d still try contacting Amazon ASAP with the details and your pics.... outside chance at best. Hard lesson likely.
Yeah, it's going back. I just have to drop it off at UPS. I'm done buying drones on Amazon. This is the third time I've had an issue.

Reactions: Horace G Hill Sr
Agree that buying from a store and not an intermediary is better in this type of purchase
A store is not an intermediary?

There are lots of authorized DJI dealers selling and shipping DJI drones directly on Amazon. I'm not sure there would be a difference service-wise if you called them on the phone, made a purchase, and had them ship to you. The only difference seems to be the channel used to place the order.

Reactions: Elude and CJH92474
A store is not an intermediary?

There are lots of authorized DJI dealers selling and shipping DJI drones directly on Amazon. I'm not sure there would be a difference service-wise if you called them on the phone, made a purchase, and had them ship to you. The only difference seems to be the channel used to place the order.
Excellent point.

And an often overlooked perk of buying on Amazon is that Amazon has a very high standard of service. When buying from a seller that's shipping their own products, they must offer the same level of service offered by Amazon. While nobody likes when things don't go as planned, one can always be guaranteed that problems like this will be resolved in their favor.

If buying from dealers outside of Amazon, you're at the mercy of whatever service they decide they want to offer you. That's not to say dealers are offering bad service, but they probably don't all match Amazon's superb service.

Amazon sells stuff via amazon and also other vendors, some of them are authorized DJI resellers. Amazon is not one.

I have bought all my drones at best buy, 4 of them in all and never had a problem.I like being able to physically look at the product before buying and Best Buy will take care of any problems you might have as long as you keep your reciept.

There are several dji authorized selles that ship from Amazon. When shopping Amazon I only buy "Fulfilled by Amazon" and never fulfilled by a seller. Shipping times are constant and I can deal with Amazon for the returns. I have never had issue. If Amazon was mostly 3rd party fulfillment I would not be Prime. Frankly it's why I won't use eBay for new products unless it's the only option, which is very rare.

I have had issue with best buy selling items I have paid for online before I get there to pick it up. Happened twice while getting my Nintendo switch system. Never had to return there so I don't know about that. I also don't go in there unless absolutely necessary because some ungroomed blue shirt always follows me like a pet project. I hate sales folks when I don't have a question to ask. Be like a good waiter and anticipate my needs and leave me alone unless I make eye contact or approach you. Sorry off on an annoying tangent.

Reactions: Cmick1972
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007