DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 Firmware Update, great news!

Eagle Eye 62

Reactions

DJI Mavic 3 May 2022 firmware update​

• Adds switch to the Tele Camera in photo mode, including single shot, AEB, burst and timed shot, supports JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW photo format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
  • Adds switch to the Tele Camera in video mode, supporting 4K@25/30/50fps, 1080p@25/30/50fps format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
  • Adds HLG for the Hasselblad camera.
  • Adds 1080p/200fps to Slow Motion when using the Hasselblad camera.
  • Adds HLG and D-Log to shoot MasterShots and QuickShots (not including Asteroid).
  • Digital zoom reaches up to 3x in normal video mode when using the Hasselblad camera.
  • Adds support to FocusTrack, QuickShots (not including Asteroid), MasterShots, and Hyperlapse for the aircraft when the Wide-Angle Lens is mounted.
  • Adds ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 LT format to the Hasselblad camera of Mavic 3 Cine.
  • Adds one-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse on Mavic 3 Cine.
  • Adds DJI Mavic 3 D-Log to Rec.709 vivid LUT, providing a more vivid color effect. You can download the LUT via the DJI support website.
  • Adds new Nifty option for Bypassing when using APAS 5.0. The option comes into play if dynamic footage is your priority. It’ll allow you to bypass obstacles much closer than previous options while offering a smooth trajectory.
  • Adds Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options (refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details).
  • Adds support for Japanese RID requirements.
  • Increases Home Point refresh rate.
  • Optimizes the focus performance when recording with the Tele Camera.
  • Optimizes the stability of the aircraft when shooting a Hyperlapse.
  • Fixes the issue wherein pilots were unable to use Hyperlapse when flying near a Flight Altitude Limit Zone.
Meanwhile, the RC Pro controller firmware update also adds more custom functions for buttons and dials, in addition to fixing some minor bugs.

And what does it do for the time taken to establish a home point when doing a cold switch on?

Thanks for sharing the info!

And what does it do for the time taken to establish a home point when doing a cold switch on?
I have heard they lowered the amount of sats to set home point down to 10 from 12. In my opinion they will never figure it out and are looking to sweep this one under the rug.

Probably why they labeled it as increased home-point refresh time and not the GPS fix. They said after the last firmware update that it would be solved in two months, two months ago… lots of people are reporting shorter lock times so that’s good.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I have heard they lowered the amount of sats to set home point down to 10 from 12. In my opinion they will never figure it out and are looking to sweep this one under the rug.

Probably why they labeled it as increased home-point refresh time and not the GPS fix. They said after the last firmware update that it would be solved in two months, two months ago… lots of people are reporting shorter lock times so that’s good.
Do you even have Mavic 3?

First power on after firmware update needed that minute or so, but after that have pretty much had reception from about 10 satellites by the time I get image from drone to RC Pro.

Reactions: test2000Anafi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu