DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 Pilot from The Natural State

bdark

Reactions
Hello All! The Mavic 3 is the first drone I’ve owned, but I used to fly R/C airplanes, and had a Private Pilot license 40 years ago. I haven’t been current for a long time. Passed the Part 107 test a few weeks ago and am looking forward to expanding my landscape photography work to include aerial perspectives. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may be able to offer.

I might as well jump right in and ask if anyone else has had a problem turning off the obstacle avoidance option, in order to accommodate a hand launch/landing. I have been unable to do it by switching to sport mode, or by selecting “off” in the safety menu. It worked a couple days ago, but tried unsuccessfully several times today. I also reinstalled the latest firmware, but that didn’t help either. Anyone else having the same issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hello from the Crossroads of America bdark.

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

You ask a question in intros .Ask in the prop section,
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hello All! The Mavic 3 is the first drone I’ve owned, but I used to fly R/C airplanes, and had a Private Pilot license 40 years ago. I haven’t been current for a long time. Passed the Part 107 test a few weeks ago and am looking forward to expanding my landscape photography work to include aerial perspectives. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may be able to offer.

I might as well jump right in and ask if anyone else has had a problem turning off the obstacle avoidance option, in order to accommodate a hand launch/landing. I have been unable to do it by switching to sport mode, or by selecting “off” in the safety menu. It worked a couple days ago, but tried unsuccessfully several times today. I also reinstalled the latest firmware, but that didn’t help either. Anyone else having the same issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Guys and gals:

Enough with the welcomes, and answer the writers question because I'd like to know it too. I'm still thinking about buying the M3 but all of these problems scare me away from the purchase,

Can you not hand catch a landing M3 drone when its sensors are on? I always catch my Mavic 2 Pro and would really be ticked if I couldn't catch the M3 the same way.

Dale

Reactions: Steel63 and bdark
Guys and gals:

Enough with the welcomes, and answer the writers question because I'd like to know it too.

This is the pilot introduction part of the Forum.

We probably don't own a Mavic 3 and can't provide an answer, but we like to say Hello.

There's other parts of this Forum for questions and answers about the Mavic 3.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser