DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air 2 owner

Haplo181

Reactions
Waiting for my drone to arrive Monday. Been trying to look up laws and areas I can fly it around palm beach county and even surrounding counties. I have sear he'd on this forum and Google for laws and areas but have not had much luck. I got B4UFly installed and it is almost listing everything around me as 0 feet.

Was looking to maybe try John Prince Park or Okeeheelee park but not sure on laws.

Airports nearby? When starting does it give you options to get authorization? In my area w coast Florida local parks do not allow use but state parks do. B4UFLY does not show the local parks as no fly though. Found out by getting chased out.

I get the drone Monday so no clue yet what it says. Palm Beach county says certain things on parks but says depends on park. Which nothing is listed online about.

I get the drone Monday so no clue yet what it says. Palm Beach county says certain things on parks but says depends on park. Which nothing is listed online about.
Same here. GL
If not posted, ask.

The park that told me to leave is on a lake that I like to fly so now I just fly in from the road outside the park. Seems stupid but the only way and legal. Just can’t take off and land inside.

Waiting for my drone to arrive Monday. Been trying to look up laws and areas I can fly it around palm beach county and even surrounding counties. I have sear he'd on this forum and Google for laws and areas but have not had much luck. I got B4UFly installed and it is almost listing everything around me as 0 feet.

Was looking to maybe try John Prince Park or Okeeheelee park but not sure on laws.
Did you install Airmap? Here is a screen grab I just did. There are areas along the beach, and some areas where you can get up to 200 ft. elevation. Stay away from the flight path corridor (zero's). Along the beach areas there are lots of 200 ft. zones to fly, and of course, you can west towards the Everglades.

Dale
Miami
AirMap-W.Palm Beach-Lake Worth.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO
I didn't think we could fly at the beach.
There is a 200 foot allowable height, and the color bar is orange, not red. I would give the app a try. Go through the steps.

Thank you for advise. I get the drone tomorrow so most likely do some stuff in backyard first to learn controls since I have a very large backyard and next weekend goto beach and out west to fly.

Trying to fly some this weekend. Any beaches I can goto that are drone friendly and any tips?

i've flown from boynton inlet, nice sunrise spot.
launch from the beach about 150 yards north of the jetty and you should be ok.
be mindful of wind conditions however, as it's windier there than a couple miles further on shore.
here's a sample, forgive the tilted horizon!

mini2 boynton inlet jan 3 2020 0001.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851