DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think the DJI announcement on 1/23/18 will be a new Mavic, or Inspire, or something new?

• Mavic Air!

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • New Inspire

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Something we've never seen.

Votes: 26 41.3%

• Total voters

51 Drones

Reactions
DJI is drawing from the Steve Jobs "Book of Hype" and has "pre-annnounced" an announcement that has raised a lot of eyebrows in the last 24 hours. The press release photo teases us with a sleek looking profile of what some insiders have claimed is our next Mavic. I, for one hope this is true, but I don't want to be disappointed when they unveil something that may be out of the average Joe's price bracket. What do you guys think? If it is the "Mavic Air", what do you think the improvements might be? I think it needs to match or exceed Autel's new EVO, who appears to have knocked it out of the park in the under $1000 market. 4k at 60fps, Intelligent Obstacle Avoidance, rear sensors and much more. Whatever it is, I'm excited, and I can't wait to unbox it (unless I have to sell a kidney to afford itl ;)

Reactions: Hounder55
Wow, that was a pretty awesome video.. I just bought my mavic pro second hand with 4 batteries and a bunch of other goodies. I wonder how I'm going to convince the wife that I need this new one? Hahah

26047153_890082507809009_691975622121587183_n.jpg

In order for the Mavic Air to be a true replacement for the original Mavic, it needs to have at least better camera performance/quality, and longer flight time. The smaller form factor/speed/automated flight maneuvers would be icing on the cake. If their plan is to price it below the original Mavic Pro msrp $999, then I would argue it’s not a true Mavic 2.

These are rumors and experts' expectations. DJI is set to announce the release of the long-awaited Mavic Pro 2 and the significantly smaller, DJI Mavic Air.

Please find the article below:

DJI Mavic Air Rumors - Freewell Gear Blog

There is a nice video below as well:

Seems like the video focuses on the elements such as storm/rain and a large body of water (sea?).
My guess is... a waterproof mavic

Reactions: MacPhersonCa1
I doubt it is a Mavic 2. The OG and Platinum is still selling great. So a 2 would kill momentum of future sales. I think it will be a foldable mini Mavic or, wishing but no way, a drone that specializes in 360

The press release photo teases us with a sleek looking profile of what some insiders have claimed is our next Mavic.

1) a new camera that employs X-Ray vision
2) a paintball gun attachment
3) a firmware upgrade that deploys a cloaking array
4) new goggles that allow the pilot to view the cloaked craft ( to fully respect VLOS )
5) free stickers

Seems like the video focuses on the elements such as storm/rain and a large body of water (sea?).
My guess is... a waterproof mavic
Yeah it would give some competition to these other waterproof ones, and would offer a cheaper solution than the waterproof Matrice 200 series that are a lot more expensive. This is a good assumption.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout