DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air flyer in Amsterdam

Stingels

Reactions
Hey everyone!

So I just bought myself (after much research) a brand spankin new Mavic Air :D

I live in Amsterdam, which is completely off-limits to any drone flying, but I was wondering if anyone has been there and knows of any areas around there or in NL in general where I can go an train?

Also, I have been watching a ton of youtube, but any tips you can give me that you think would have been nice to know before your first flight?

Thanks and looking forward to being an active member in this community!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

any tips you can give me that you think would have been nice to know before your first flight?
Here are some items you might find useful:

Reactions: Stingels
Hey everyone!

So I just bought myself (after much research) a brand spankin new Mavic Air :D

I live in Amsterdam, which is completely off-limits to any drone flying, but I was wondering if anyone has been there and knows of any areas around there or in NL in general where I can go an train?

Also, I have been watching a ton of youtube, but any tips you can give me that you think would have been nice to know before your first flight?

Thanks and looking forward to being an active member in this community!
Howdy from Wyoming @Stingels , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum!
I'm not from the Amsterdam region (Dordrecht based here), but you can find the basic no fly zone information here:
Drone no-fly zones | ministerie van Infrastructuur en Milieu

Note that, even though Amsterdam is off limits indeed, it seems that the Muiderslot area is not ;-)
Furthermore; be creative! I guess the coastline will be pretty interesting, also, Naarden might be cool... so many places to fly! :)

Cheers Joost

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi mate, welcome to the forum!
I'm not from the Amsterdam region (Dordrecht based here), but you can find the basic no fly zone information here:
Drone no-fly zones | ministerie van Infrastructuur en Milieu

Hi Joost

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I found that link and that's kinda why I posted here as well. Seems like the NL official drone regulations are REALLY tight and I really don't want to get into trouble on my first flight. Heading out to the beach sounds like a plan - as long as the wind isn't blowing too hard :p

Reactions: JoostGT3
Hi Joost

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I found that link and that's kinda why I posted here as well. Seems like the NL official drone regulations are REALLY tight and I really don't want to get into trouble on my first flight. Heading out to the beach sounds like a plan - as long as the wind isn't blowing too hard :p

It's really quite ok; there are still a lot of interesting places to fly. I feel more restricted by morals than by the regulations; I always feel bad flying in areas where people come to enjoy nature, etc.
One tip regarding flying on the beach: bring a towel or a landing pad. You don't want to land on the dry sand, getting it all in your motors and gimball!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60