DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air owner - central Pennsylvania

JoeBWan

Reactions
Good morning, all!

I recently purchased the Mavic Air Fly More package as my introduction to the drone world (unless you count the Syma X5C my daughter bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago).

I love this thing! But, of course, I also have questions that I'll post in the correct places.

About me - I'm an outdoorsy trail runner, cyclist, and motorcycle owner (dual sport and street) in the foothills of central PA. I own an audio visual supply company and have poked around with the idea of starting a drone website selling a complete line of drones and accessories, but I'm putting that idea on hold for a while because 1) my plate is full right now and 2) I don't want to start selling something I can't talk VERY intelligently about and there's definitely a lot to learn.

So, my primary interest right now is hobby flying, picture and video capture, and editing. I really just want to have fun collecting footage I can use to relive memories. And, just learning the ins and outs of drone piloting without breaking anything.

This seems like a great place to start! I look forward to "meeting" you all.

~ Joe

Welcome to the forum! :)

Good morning, all!

I recently purchased the Mavic Air Fly More package as my introduction to the drone world (unless you count the Syma X5C my daughter bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago).

I love this thing! But, of course, I also have questions that I'll post in the correct places.

About me - I'm an outdoorsy trail runner, cyclist, and motorcycle owner (dual sport and street) in the foothills of central PA. I own an audio visual supply company and have poked around with the idea of starting a drone website selling a complete line of drones and accessories, but I'm putting that idea on hold for a while because 1) my plate is full right now and 2) I don't want to start selling something I can't talk VERY intelligently about and there's definitely a lot to learn.

So, my primary interest right now is hobby flying, picture and video capture, and editing. I really just want to have fun collecting footage I can use to relive memories. And, just learning the ins and outs of drone piloting without breaking anything.

This seems like a great place to start! I look forward to "meeting" you all.

~ Joe
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: JoeBWan
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum :)

If you've not already done so, it might be helpful if you go and add your LOCATION to your account. This helps when asking questions about location specific items (Rules & Regulations for instance).

Click >>>> HERE <<<< to go directly to your Account Details and add your location details in the Loc field.

Welcome! I’m also new this week with the same package and interests; drone-wise that is. I prefer not getting all sweaty if i can avoid it.

Seems to be a very helpful site. Looking forward to newbie experiences.

Here’s a pointer. Don’t fly on a low battery (controller warns low battery) on your deck when the daylight is low enough to disable obstacle avoidance. It could put you in a situation where it informs you it’s returning to home in 10 seconds, and tries to land on the railing, missing the launch pad. Interesting fact that it will still try to avoid you if try to reach for it from underneath. Those blades are sharp!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580