DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic combo, undecided what tablet to use - Ipad or samsung?

djoe

Reactions
I am awaiting for my new Mavic to arrive in the comming days. I am not an apple fan, never owned one to be honest, I read loads of posts and several members with several different opinions, which made me even more undecided what tablet I have to buy. I am onto tablets, considering the Ipad mini 4 or a samsung tablet that fits with the controller device... any help please to make my search less stressful.

The iPad Mini 4 is a great choice. Many people are using it.

You can find a list of other commonly used tablets here.

Reactions: JMF
Also the search function is great,look thru all the threads on this subject

iPad mini 4 FTW.
I had all Android stuff - Samsung high end. Nothing but trouble.
iPad has been relatively trouble free.
I posted another thread Best Buy has them on sale for $274 for the 128 GB wifi version.
You are unlikely to find a better price anywhere.

any help please to make my search less stressful.

You’re just going to read the same mix of opinions here.

FWIW, I’ve always owned Android phones and will never own an iPhone. Currently I’m on a Samsung Galaxy S5 and will upgrade to an S9 next year. In general, I hate Apple.

But the only tablet I’ll fly with is an iPad. It’s problem free and DJI seems to do a better job coding Go for iOS than they do Android.

Keep in mind that Android suck up your RC power unless you root it,not saying that it's bad.

Reactions: Brojon
Whatever you end up with, once you find a Go 4 version that works for you keep a copy of it handy. Updates have been known to introduce problems.

Reactions: daisy-girl
Given how good the Wunderpone is reported to be, I'm strongly considering a 7" or 8" Huawei tablet for use with the Mavic.
I have a 5.2" Huawei P8 phone which also works flawlessly with the app. Nice bright screen too.
Way cheaper than Apple or Samsung stuff.
I should add that I also have an ipad mini 2 but the Huawei screen is better in sunlight.

Given how good the Wunderpone is reported to be, I'm strongly considering a 7" or 8" Huawei tablet for use with the Mavic.
I have a 5.2" Huawei P8 phone which also works flawlessly with the app. Nice bright screen too.
Way cheaper than Apple or Samsung stuff.
I should add that I also have an ipad mini 2 but the Huawei screen is better in sunlight.

I dont know, I haven't been all that impressed. Granted, its probably an android problem, not a phone problem, but I have to start, then force quit, then restart DJI Go4 EVERY SINGLE TIME to get it to connect,,,,,

Im going to stick with it for now, but could see myself very easily moving over to an iPad mini if this keeps up.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I dont know, I haven't been all that impressed. Granted, its probably an android problem, not a phone problem, but I have to start, then force quit, then restart DJI Go4 EVERY SINGLE TIME to get it to connect,,,,,

Im going to stick with it for now, but could see myself very easily moving over to an iPad mini if this keeps up.

I've heard there are issues with some devices on android 7.0.
My P8 is on 6.0. It connects every time without a hitch. No lag or crashes whatsoever !

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

Most likely it's not an Android problem, not a Wunderphone problem, it's a USER problem. :D

I've heard there are issues with some devices on android 7.0.
My P8 is on 6.0. It connects every time without a hitch. No lag or crashes whatsoever !

I have had no issues on Andriod 7 on my S6 & S7 in almost a year

I've been using an iPad mini 2 without any problems, but thanks to Brojon's post I'll have a mini 4 in a week or so.
I'm not an Apple fanboy, but since they ported over "GarageBand" I've had iPads.....great for music apps, but the 4 will be dedicated for flight only.

Jake

I am on Android. Doesn't Dumbledore work on iProducts?

Whatever you end up with, once you find a Go 4 version that works for you keep a copy of it handy. Updates have been known to introduce problems.
Good advise. What's the best way to make a copy? Not sure I know where to find it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405