DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic having RC signal strength problems. Video fine.

Marc Hufnagel

Reactions
Picked up the Mavic at an Apple store and after 5 flights I'm convinced that it is defective. I'm getting the red 'signal strength warning' when even 800' out and 200' up. Clearly VLOS. My antennas are parallel and straight up.

The farthest I've gotten is about 1500' and it was throwing a fit about loss of RC signal (no bars on the meter) but video is rock solid.

Tried two different locations. Using new GO App 4, everything else seems to be working fine but there is definitely something wrong with the RC power or the TX itself.

Ok, Mark, I have the exact same problem as you. Had about 7 flights and get to about 800 or so out and 2-300 up. Loss of RC (no bars) video crystal clear. I tried back tracking the firmware, calibrating sticks, re linking the remote, and nothing. Please tell me if you have found a solution or have you contacted DJI? I'll keep you posted after I call DJI tomorrow. It does work great when closer than described above.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Ok, Mark, I have the exact same problem as you. Had about 7 flights and get to about 800 or so out and 2-300 up. Loss of RC (no bars) video crystal clear. I tried back tracking the firmware, calibrating sticks, re linking the remote, and nothing. Please tell me if you have found a solution or have you contacted DJI? I'll keep you posted after I call DJI tomorrow. It does work great when closer than described above.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I haven't had any time or good weather since I posted that. I am going to try to get time to contact them tomorrow It's really a perplexing issue at this point Please share what they tell you and I'll pass my info along as well.

Having the same issue today, plus staticky video telemetry at around 1000ft away, after IMU, compass and controller calibration as well[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm sending it back to DJI, they wanted me to reset IMU, I did but nothing changed.

I'm sending it back to DJI, they wanted me to reset IMU, I did but nothing changed.

Mine will just go back to the apple store - a week old unit isn't getting shipped anywhere. Their suggestion was ship it back to us.

No stock at the Apple store so I still have this one. They will hold the first one that comes in and also extended my return window to January 20th. Nice of them.

In addition the business dept at the store also placed an order for one for me in case that gets it in sooner.

At least it will fly just not a whole long way without dropping the rc meter down to '0' and complaining even before that about weak signalm, adjust antenna.. blah blah.. Today it started at 275' up and 250' out.

Anybody find a solution to this? 5th flight in and I lose rc signal at the same distance. I am in a heavily populated area however.

I've only flown my MP four or five times and my last flight today same thing happened. About 1200 feet out at 250' heading south. Jerky video. No loss of control but said low remote connection or something. I turned to come back but noticed that it was a video issue only so keep on my way.

My previous flight which was my farthest at about 5000' away and 300' north of me was no issue. And it was way out of site. Two neighborhoods away and No issues at all. Did perfect.

Odd.

Reactions: Stumpnuke
I'm having the same problem as all of you. When flying around the same distance the rc signal lost warning pops up video gets jerky. Has anyone found the fix for this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000