DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic is a Mess

SladeSteele

Reactions
Just purchased a new Mavic Pro a couple of weeks ago and have had nothing but problems. Controller give the message "SYS WARNING CHECK APP" and I have done all that has been recommended, including switching to iOS, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing devices, upgrading and downgrading, etc. Then, I get the Vision System Error on the iPad. Been through three batteries and cannot calibrate the VPS. What a nightmare! I have never had any of these problems with my P4P and am thinking that DJI released this before it was ready for market. I have been flying DJI drones since the Phantom 1 so I am not new to this and have a lot of experience troubleshooting. I have read hundreds of other posts of other MAVIC owners having the exact same problems but have not seen much in the way of resolution except to return the drone. Well, I am out of town for several weeks and do not have the original boxes to return it so I imagine I am just out the cost of the drone.

Reactions: Enigma
Sure if need be we can find you a box

Just purchased a new Mavic Pro a couple of weeks ago and have had nothing but problems. Controller give the message "SYS WARNING CHECK APP" and I have done all that has been recommended, including switching to iOS, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing devices, upgrading and downgrading, etc. Then, I get the Vision System Error on the iPad. Been through three batteries and cannot calibrate the VPS. What a nightmare! I have never had any of these problems with my P4P and am thinking that DJI released this before it was ready for market. I have been flying DJI drones since the Phantom 1 so I am not new to this and have a lot of experience troubleshooting. I have read hundreds of other posts of other MAVIC owners having the exact same problems but have not seen much in the way of resolution except to return the drone. Well, I am out of town for several weeks and do not have the original boxes to return it so I imagine I am just out the cost of the drone.

I'm sure you can sell it for parts in the worst case scenario.

Just got the RMA. I appreciate the fact that others have been able to resolve these issues but I read dozens if not close to a hundred posts of people having similar issues. It would just make sense that it would not be so complicated to fix these problems. I guess I am more disappointed than I am angry. I love my Phantom 4 Pro but was looking for something a little bit more portable.

Same here, I've spent more time sorting issues with the Mavic, than ever before with my phantom vision 2plus. It's so disappointing for me.

This scares me. I've gotten bit by the SYS WARNING CHECK APP, gimbal shake and a couple other drone killing symptoms. This is my first drone and may be my last :(

Did you ever stop to think there are millions s of happy Mavic customers and you were just unfortunate enough to get a faulty unit.

**** happens, send it back.

Absolutely. Thought about that when I had the problems. Sent this one back for a replacement. Hopefully better luck this time.

Did you ever stop to think there are millions s of happy Mavic customers and you were just unfortunate enough to get a faulty unit.

**** happens, send it back.

Very true. Does suck getting a lemon. I have one more job starting tomorrow where I need to fly it. Will send it back after and hope everything is fine after.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000