DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Low Noise Props - TESTED - Longer and quieter ?

Looks like quieter and longer... but not by much. I wonder how much "real world" difference these will make in both noise and flight time.

Reactions: Moscoso
Looks like quieter and longer... but not by much. I wonder how much "real world" difference these will make in both noise and flight time.
It's hard to say. I just like they are quieter. Amazed how much the prop speed was reduced.

Reactions: Koptervision
Tests so far seem to be showing between 1 and maybe maybe 3 db difference in noise. Although from what i've seen so far, not a single person has done a properly controlled test with properly calibrated measuring devices so its impossible to get an actual figure.

Tests also have to be run multiple times to reduce noise such as the charge not being 100% accurate,wind, weather, transmission power causing current drain etc.

That aside, a 1 to 3 db reduction is going to be completely imperceptible for a humans ear in terms of loudness.

Reactions: HeliDog and Moscoso
Tests so far seem to be showing between 1 and maybe maybe 3 db difference in noise. Although from what i've seen so far, not a single person has done a properly controlled test with properly calibrated measuring devices so its impossible to get an actual figure.

Tests also have to be run multiple times to reduce noise such as the charge not being 100% accurate,wind, weather, transmission power causing current drain etc.

That aside, a 1 to 3 db reduction is going to be completely imperceptible for a humans ear in terms of loudness.
Using my ears, I can notice a HUGE difference. I am getting longer flight times consistently also.

Really, so you did a properly controlled, repeated, blind test,and came to this conclusion?
Or do you just think you might have heard a difference, completely failed to eliminate placebo or confirmation bias and convinced yourself its true?

Did anyone buy them off dji website ? And if so how long did it take you to get them ?

Really, so you did a properly controlled, repeated, blind test,and came to this conclusion?
Or do you just think you might have heard a difference, completely failed to eliminate placebo or confirmation bias and convinced yourself its true?
You do realize that sound doubles (or halves) for every 3db? You would have to be deaf not to notice a difference......

Re-read what I wrote. I said using my ears. Yes, I can tell a huge difference. Using the stock verses the new ones back to back. I'm not hearing impaired. The difference is very noticeable. Also, a special device is not needed to notice longer flight times.
Don't be a ****. Try it yourself.

I did. It took about three days after they were released.

Really I ordered them the second day there had been released and I haven't got them it said 10-15 days after payment. How did you end up with them so fast

Yes, I took the day off and set up all my equipment and did a blind listening test with a controlled group of volunteers.

I
Really I ordered them the second day there had been released and I haven't got them it said 10-15 days after payment. How did you end up with them so fast
I ordered them the day, probably within the hour, I got the email that they were available. They shipped the same day. I guess they are backordered.

A 3dB reduction is 50% quieter. Shouldn't have any trouble hearing that.
You do realize that sound doubles (or halves) for every 3db? You would have to be deaf not to notice a difference......
3db represents a doubling (or halving) of sound power, which is not the same as how it sounds. 10db is generally equated to a doubling of "loudness". But with that said, a 3db reduction should definitely be noticeable, just not half as loud.

Hi there I've just joined up after owning my mavic for about 2 weeks now.
I just received some platinum props today & overall I am happy.
Here are my first impressions of the rops. They are defiantly quieter, I was about to explain the decibel thing after reading this thread before I joined but I see that has now been covered.
I used an app on my phone to record the decibels & although probably not very accurate it does give a relative idea of difference. I got 60db with the originals hovering & 56-57db with the new ones.
Hearing them 1st hand is best though.

It's a bit windy atm near me so I havnt had a good chance to test the battery life (even below fence line in my garden affects it)
But I will be testing this soon.
The speed seems around the same In a straight line against & with the wind.

I forgot to check the rpm at hover but I will do that soon & if anyone wants any other info I am happy to help

Lordy

3db represents a doubling (or halving) of sound power, which is not the same as how it sounds. 10db is generally equated to a doubling of "loudness". But with that said, a 3db reduction should definitely be noticeable, just not half as loud.
Thank you.
I'm getting tired of all the expert assumption opinions that sound is measured in linear units and a decrease of "only" a few dB is insignificant. :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N