DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic owner checking in

JayForceOne

Reactions
Hello all.......

After years of seeing drones and wanting one for my film making hobby (I make scuba related videos) to add some feathers to my cap I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy myself a Mavic Pro. It's all updated, prepped and calibrated. First timer nerves aplenty and the slightest poof of wind has me grounding the machine.

I'm based near Chelmsford in Essex, UK - hopefully bump into some of you in the friendly skies!!

Happy flying guys, and I'll no doubt be on here asking for advice soon enough :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks!!!

Quick forum question....

In other forums I visit I am allowed to post a link to where I host my videos (non commercial so no worries about me being some sort of shill). Obviously in time I would love people to see any films I make as well as getting views on other films I have made....is that something that is allowed here?

Welcome. I totally understand your nerves. As everyone says, focus first on flight skills then camera skills. Set your return to home (RTH) to the correct height, and practice it.

Have fun one step at a time.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Thanks!!!

Quick forum question....

In other forums I visit I am allowed to post a link to where I host my videos (non commercial so no worries about me being some sort of shill). Obviously in time I would love people to see any films I make as well as getting views on other films I have made....is that something that is allowed here?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
As far as your question read guideline # 9 and we also have
this section here to just put your Link to you YT channel .
Members YouTube channel's

Doesn't matter how many flights you have under your belt, it always seems to make u nervous before a flight. Once u get airborne then it seems to go away. At least IMHO.

Hi All,
I just got back from my inaugural flight......maybe a bit too windy but the field was massive and I kept the dome port protector on and stuck to beginner mode of 30m high/30m distance. Loved every second and did two batteries worth of flight before it got a bit too sporty. Cant wait to get out and do some more. I wasn't worried about any of the camera settings this flight and won't be for some time as I want to be able to work the machine first :)

Hello all.......

After years of seeing drones and wanting one for my film making hobby (I make scuba related videos) to add some feathers to my cap I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy myself a Mavic Pro. It's all updated, prepped and calibrated. First timer nerves aplenty and the slightest poof of wind has me grounding the machine.

I'm based near Chelmsford in Essex, UK - hopefully bump into some of you in the friendly skies!!

Happy flying guys, and I'll no doubt be on here asking for advice soon enough :)
Howdy from Wyoming JayForceOne, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ