DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Owner in Springfield, Mo

Welcome, and I think youre going in the right direction looking for other pilots in your area to show you the ropes. I fix Mavics and Phantoms, and a good many of my repairs are from first flight pilots with no guidance. Im sure there are people here who would be happy to help you out, as I try to do in my neck of the woods in Georgia.

BTW, before you get too far into ownership, did you buy DJI Refresh or have any other type of drone insurance? Many members here have DJI Refresh, State Farm (or other) drone insurance, and some have AMA liability coverage.

I have 48 hours to decide on the refresh insurance. I've read they have very slow repair times. Do you think refresh is a good option or does State Farm offer better coverage?

Reactions: Former Member
Reactions: Former Member
Thank you for the Welcomes. My daughters and I flew it in beginner mode and had a blast. They want to make 100 YouTube videos.

I have 48 hours to decide on the refresh insurance. I've read they have very slow repair times. Do you think refresh is a good option or does State Farm offer better coverage?

You actually have alot more than 48 hours to apply for Refresh as long as you havent crashed it, but it's easier to apply for within 48 hours, you dont have to prove it's airworthiness.

There are Pros and Cons of having either, but its not too expensive to have both. Refresh will not cover you if you have a flyaway or the drone is at the bottom of the sea. You have to have something to send back to them. State Farm is good but if you have more than 1 or 2 claims within a short period (say 1 year) you might get cancelled. I would get an AMA membership for liability purposes

If your daughters want to do alot of videos, I strongly recommend getting liability if you dont already have it covered under your homeowners policy. They have a youth program, and you can see the details here:

Academy of Model Aeronautics - Academy of Model Aeronautics Youth Membership

Just wanted to say hi maybe find other pilots in my area. Would love guidance and someone to show me the ropes.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Thunder, thank you so much for the information on coverage. Never knew I had to protect myself or my kids. This kind of knowledge is exactly what I need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle