DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic owner looking for some safe southern areas

NP01

Reactions
Hi all, Nik from Bournemouth here, have just recently picked up a Zoom 2, and am currently looking for some good areas around the south for flying with good video opportunities. Have been flying for a couple of years now (phantoms) and also been tinkering with a bit of editing. Would like to also learn a bit more about videography. Any recommendations or advice would be great. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Lurch003
Hi all, Nik from Bournemouth here, have just recently picked up a Zoom 2, and am currently looking for some good areas around the south for flying with good video opportunities. Have been flying for a couple of years now (phantoms) and also been tinkering with a bit of editing. Would like to also learn a bit more about videography. Any recommendations or advice would be great. Thanks in advance

I watch Youtube tutorials etc. great and easy way to learn.

Hey Nik, new mini owner from Poole here !

To wind myself up in the lockdown, I've compiled a list of local places that I think would be amazing to drone... Just gotta wait and keep practising at home until we're allowed out again!

Quite a few guys from Grey Arrows local too, and I have a few friends who fly locally so once this dies down and fancy a meet, let me know ;)

I live in Poole too. To be honest, I've found that as long as you obey the drone code and people can see that you are flying safely most people are interested and not hostile. The good old palm land and take off is impressive for most ;) Mavic 2 Zoom BTW.

The beaches are a good spot to drone. Make sure you are on your own and not near people or animals if flying directly above the beach, but out to sea is good. I have done Old Harry, but as it's National Trust you can't take off from their land. If you go early in the morning that's a good time to go.

Isle of Portland is a good place with some spectacular rocks and choppy seas.

The other advantage of going early or late is the "Golden hour" whereby the light is slanted at it's best for photography.

This is something I put together for our silver wedding. We got married in Poole register office, which at the time was part of the town hall annex so we went to Sandbanks for the pictures. We have tried to go back every year to have our mugshots taken in the same locations but the weather has mostly been crap.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair