DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic owner with issues. DJI help is useless.

Davew0670

Reactions
Decided to move up from my phantom standard and purchased a mavic. Been all downhill from there. Noticed the mavic was not listed on the dji app I had on my phone. Went to download latest dji app and got a "Not compatible with this device." My phone is a samsung s7 active running 7.0. So, I decided to purchase the litchi software since this seemed to be a better software for android users. Get mavic updated and controller with latest firmware, everything charged up and ready to fly. Everything powers up, can see the camera on phone. Camera moves and works. Mavic refuses to take off. Cant get the propellers to move at all. Tried uto take off and get an "unknown error" message. Connected litchi to my phantom and it took off, flipped over and crashed. Probably my fault because I did not calibrate or anything. Anyone have any ideas? DJI support has been worthless. They have suggested I buy a new phone to start.

It seems that you did not activate your Mavic via GO 4 app.
So, be sure you have the DJI GO 4 (*not* DJI GO) app installed.

Connect via GO4 to the drone. Login with your DJI user account / passwd.

That's it.

After that, you can also use Litchi with the Mavic.

You'll need to sideload DJI GO 4 if you cannot install it from the store on your mobile device. See more details here. You can download the current DJI GO 4 APK here.

You should be able to fly with Litchi after you register your Mavic in DJI GO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll