DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pilot in Bellingham

Felipe

Reactions
I am relatively new to this RC drone world and the Mavic Pro is definitely an impressive and slightly intimidating piece of technology ! I was curious if there are many other Mavic or Phantom pilots up here in the NW corner. I am looking for good / safe / legal places to learn to fly this Quad not to far from Bellingham. My goal is to get the Mavic out in the San Juans this summer on my boat to get some nice aerial scenics of that amazing group of islands. I have just finished up the remote pilot 101 ground school and hope to take the FAA part 107 knowledge test soon.

Reactions: smatthews
Hey Felipe, my name is Erin. I recently purchased a Mavic too and I live here in Bellingham. If you wanna go fly sometime, let me know. My Mavic is currently being repaired as the gimbal started acting funny and I'm hoping it will be back soon :( Sent it out Monday so we'll see how long it takes.

Hi everyone! My name is Sean. I am also a noob to the drone world living I Bham and looking for friends to learn and adventure with. Would love to communicate on the good and bad locations we all find to fly. Felipe are you working towards flying commercially/for work?

Hi- I'm in the same boat here in Bellingham. Been practicing daily for about a week. We should all meet up somewhere..! Jesse

Last edited:
Wow what a beautiful weekend! I was able to go out flying Saturday afternoon at Sehome high school. The football and baseball fields were empty so nobody bothered my for the 2 hours I was there. Anyone else find any good flight locations over the weekend?

Yesterday I called the tower at Bellingham International Airport to ask permission to fly within the 5 mile radius. They were very nice and familiar with the procedure. Total phone call lasted less than 2 minutes.

Reactions: Wingmn
Hey Felipe, my name is Erin. I recently purchased a Mavic too and I live here in Bellingham. If you wanna go fly sometime, let me know. My Mavic is currently being repaired as the gimbal started acting funny and I'm hoping it will be back soon :( Sent it out Monday so we'll see how long it takes.
I am in Bothell. Sent mine back Monday as well. Gimble problem! Ugh

I am relatively new to this RC drone world and the Mavic Pro is definitely an impressive and slightly intimidating piece of technology ! I was curious if there are many other Mavic or Phantom pilots up here in the NW corner. I am looking for good / safe / legal places to learn to fly this Quad not to far from Bellingham. My goal is to get the Mavic out in the San Juans this summer on my boat to get some nice aerial scenics of that amazing group of islands. I have just finished up the remote pilot 101 ground school and hope to take the FAA part 107 knowledge test soon.
I'm here in Bellingham too... Egads have you looked how many small airports are out in the San Juan Islands... lots of low flying planes that at times come from nowhere buzzing the islands. Other than that it would be a great place to fly and film. And with all the engine noise from the many boats, planes, and waves... the tiny Mavic will go unnoticed.

Last edited:
Wow what a beautiful weekend! I was able to go out flying Saturday afternoon at Sehome high school. The football and baseball fields were empty so nobody bothered my for the 2 hours I was there. Anyone else find any good flight locations over the weekend?
I've flown there too, great place. Just watch out for that cell tower off to the south in the trees... one of those cell towers made to look like a tree from some alien planet.

Here's some footage I did recently for a local Bellingham Company, Hard Drive Marine:

Reactions: TheLoneRider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato