DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pilot in Puyallup, WA

Wingmn

Reactions
Greetings Everyone! I have been flying a Cheerson CX-20 for a little over a year now with about 180 flights spanning 27 hours of flight time. Not much flight time on a battery in other words. My Mavic just shipped from DJI, and I'm suppose to receive it Friday April 7th. I've already got my FAA registration a year ago, and joined the AMA about 8 months ago.

I've flown along the Puyallup River, Sumner Meadows, Ashford on the Nisqually River, Carbon River near Orting, Chinook Pass near the boundary of Rainier Nt'l Park, (because it's illegal to fly in the park). A few local parks in Puyallup as well.

I've been doing a little bit of reading in the owners manual a little and am very excited to get this very capable quad-copter that is WAY easier to carry around than my Cheerson CX-20 (Phantom wannabe).

Reactions: Othermind
Greetings Everyone! I have been flying a Cheerson CX-20 for a little over a year now with about 180 flights spanning 27 hours of flight time. Not much flight time on a battery in other words. My Mavic just shipped from DJI, and I'm suppose to receive it Friday April 7th. I've already got my FAA registration a year ago, and joined the AMA about 8 months ago.

I've flown along the Puyallup River, Sumner Meadows, Ashford on the Nisqually River, Carbon River near Orting, Chinook Pass near the boundary of Rainier Nt'l Park, (because it's illegal to fly in the park). A few local parks in Puyallup as well.

I've been doing a little bit of reading in the owners manual a little and am very excited to get this very capable quad-copter that is WAY easier to carry around than my Cheerson CX-20 (Phantom wannabe).
In Puyallup to got drone in Portland
Let's fly..

Spanaway checking - In just moved from Puyallup.

New Mavic Pro - 2nd one

The first one had a compass error and returned picked up the 2nd yesterday

Just did firmware sync ready to fly myself

So is the Sumner Meadows a permanently closed golf course? What is it now, just a park?

Yes, it is just as you have said it.
So is the Sumner Meadows a permanently closed golf course? What is it now, just a park?

I live in Lakeland Hills, right above the area....They plan to build warehouses eventually.

I went down yesterday around noon and found 3 other flyers down there. Two of the flyers had planes out and the third had a typhoon. However, they all owned quads as well.

Cheers!

Anyone fly Bradley lake park? I've flown it twice and both times I've had issues. It seems like there is some sort of magnetic interface. Has anyone seen the same???

Hello Wingmn, I'm from Orting.

Reactions: Wersh
Anyone fly Bradley lake park? I've flown it twice and both times I've had issues. It seems like there is some sort of magnetic interface. Has anyone seen the same???
I flew over the grassy area between the lake and the road with no issues shortly after I got my Mavic in early December, wasn't confident enough to fly over the lake yet at the time. Have you had any more issues in the area? I was thinking of going there again if it ever quits raining.

HiKen51
I flew over the grassy area between the lake and the road with no issues shortly after I got my Mavic in early December, wasn't confident enough to fly over the lake yet at the time. Have you had any more issues in the area? I was thinking of going there again if it ever quits raining.
I've never had a problem flying at Bradley Lake, infact, you can see one of my videos with my previous quad copter flying over Bradley lake, My only concern flying there is making sure I don't fly near people....
Tibor B

I have several Mavic Videos and a few Cheerson CX-20 videos, but I flew my CX-20 at Bradley Lake many times, the Mavic I wouldn't hesitate to fly over the lake - but DISABLE the Downward Vision sensors!! DON'T fly over water without downward vision DISABLED!

Reactions: HiKen51

HiKen51

I wouldn't hesitate to fly over the lake - but DISABLE the Downward Vision sensors!! DON'T fly over water without downward vision DISABLED!
I usually stay far enough above water to not have to worry about that, I've seen several videos demonstrating the issues. I've got to get better at basic flying before I'm brave enough to get close to water.o_O This was from about 400' yesterday.Bradley-Lk-Pano-0872_4fb.jpg

Reactions: BlueZone
Is that Bradley Lake/Park?

Supposed to be decent weather this weekend. Hopefully I'll send it airborne. Wanna go to Penrose via boat and get some video.

Is that Bradley Lake/Park?

Supposed to be decent weather this weekend. Hopefully I'll send it airborne. Wanna go to Penrose via boat and get some video.
Yes, Bradley Lake from 392' up! Looking forward to the weekend, going to get the bird up for sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters