DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro and new to drones

Drzzit

Reactions
Hi, everyone. Had my MP since Xmas. Just flew it today for the first time. Only 5 minutes, but can't wait to put more time in. Look forward to reading all the advice from all the experienced pilots.

Hi, everyone. Had my MP since Xmas. Just flew it today for the first time. Only 5 minutes, but can't wait to put more time in. Look forward to reading all the advice from all the experienced pilots.
Howdy from Wyoming @Drzzit, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Howdy!
Merry Christmas!
I got mine about a week, or so, before Christmas.
When I finally decided to give it a go, I was getting it ready inside the house.
When I got it booted up, I got a notice on the controller saying "In NFZ" LOL
OK... who, besides me, has a no fly zone inside their house??
I can hardly wait to start using this thing.
Michael~

Check the b4ufly or dji flysafe or kitty hawk map. Make sure your house isn’t in a nfz.
Like near an airport, or a jail, nuke plant, etc. The Prez was in town over the holiday and there was a 20 mike nfz radius around him. Well a tfr anyway.

Reactions: Skylane
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Check the b4ufly or dji flysafe or kitty hawk map. Make sure your house isn’t in a nfz.
Like near an airport, or a jail, nuke plant, etc. The Prez was in town over the holiday and there was a 20 mike nfz radius around him. Well a tfr anyway.
I don't need to check. My couch is 1,355 feet from the runway. LOL
It's just a bit annoying that I can't even spin the props on my toy inside the house.
It's also a bit on the funny side.
Oh... and the little county jail is 3 miles in a straight line from my house.
Michael~

Reactions: Capt. Oveur
...OK... who, besides me, has a no fly zone inside their house??...
A couple of buggy updates ago my house became a NFZ. I was able to force it into Atti mode by wrapping the rear of the Mavic in aluminum foil. I don't know if it still works that way but it did then.

Now that you may have a way to fly indoors, I don't recommend doing it without more flying experience and prop guards.

Thanks all to the welcome. I will try to upload photos and video as I figure out how...lol. I drive truck, so hope to try flying in many places in the country.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka