DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic pro owner

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

The biggest thing I would say make sure you do a Compass calibration away from all metal objects and a IMU calibration. The other big thing is before you takeoff make sure you have at least 10 satellites and the Home point is recorded on the map. Go through all of your settings and make sure they are set correctly. There are a lot of tutorials on first time flights I would watch those several times. Take it out to a wide open field and do a lot of practicing keep it up high so you don’t Hit anything. If it’s up high you can’t hit nothing.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City. As, already been suggested, read, read so more. Be especially careful with the winds, the higher you go the windier it gets, and you can kiss your drone good bye. I have a lot of different app, on my iPad four tablet, one of them tells me wind speeds. For example 7.8 mph WNW, wind gust up to 17mph. Practice in a open area, no people, no houses, no trees, no wires, don't push any buttons unless you know what they do.
Also, a great help to you would be, search Mavic Help and Mavic Tips, let your fingers do the walking. Mavic Pilots forum, is a very useful, in helping you gain knowledge and with that confidence when flying. Happy Hovering.

Hello all, just got my mavic pro today. New to drones. Any tips or suggestions
Brownsville, TX
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
2 suggestions once FAA registration is complete:
- practice in a completely open area until all the controls and buttons are second nature
And... read the full online only 60+ page DJI manual for your new drone. Get it here. Scroll down on the linked page...